Friends star Matthew Perry dead of apparent drowning (1 Viewer)

I was curious so I went looking. There's a tour of his current house starting at 2:42

39:41 "Why am I alive?"

RIP Mr Perry.

Am I the only person in the US that didn’t care for Friends? It just wasn’t funny to me.
Hated it. Only because back in the day it was taking a time slot away from superior shows such as Simpsons or Seinfeld

Am I the only person in the US that didn’t care for Friends? It just wasn’t funny to me.

Yep, i think you might be.. It was an hilarious show- the writing was stellar, and the casting was about as perfect as ive ever seen …. However, i am not so crazy about this latest episode- The One Where Chandler Dies…. :covri:

Yep, i think you might be.. It was an hilarious show- the writing was stellar, and the casting was about as perfect as ive ever seen …. However, i am not so crazy about this latest episode- The One Where Chandler Dies…. :covri:
😬
Way too many superlatives here for me
It was very well crafted as a sitcom
In the same vein as big bang or everybody loves Raymond or something like Happy Days
They kept main characters mostly flat and got their variations mostly from changing the ‘situations’ or with wacky guest stars

Which sets it apart (not in a good way) by shows like Taxi or Barney Miller or Scrubs or Community or even Seinfeld
These gave their characters actual foibles and thus the possibility for character arcs (and troughs)

either approach- character vs situation- can be very funny
But situation is way more formula/safe so potentially not as impactful as character

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom