From a Mental Standpoint, Would You Be Prepared for a Full Tear Down? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Let's say we went the Panthers or Bears route and got a top pick, a quarterback. In his first year, he struggles, and we're winless by Week 12. How would you deal with it from a mental aspect? Would you still complain? Over the past two seasons, I've heard a lot about how this team should be deconstructed from top to bottom. But I've always wondered if folks really want to deal with a year of losing and no playoff berth in sight.

Let's say we went the Panthers or Bears route and got a top pick, a quarterback. In his first year, he struggles, and we're winless by Week 12. How would you deal with it from a mental aspect? Would you still complain? Over the past two seasons, I've heard a lot about how this team should be deconstructed from top to bottom. But I've always wondered if folks really want to deal with a year of losing and no playoff berth in sight.
If we decide to do. Complete tear down it needs to be focused on getting us back to playoffs within two years.
i am ok with us drafting a 1st round QB and trading away a few years picks to get a Stroud. But we need to be smart bout it, and since Carr is owed so much money he stays another year or two if need be. I am not for eating 50mil in one year but break it up over a few and ok. Plus we don’t know if. Rookie can play in the first year as well as stay healthy.

a complete tear down means all new coaches though.

As someone who has been part of building up a minor sport HS team from a team that didn't make the playoffs to one regularly challenging with deep playoff runs, I am all about that. In fact, as a student of process I want to see that rebuild --- as a student of sustained success, I hope to be able to include the Saints as part of the teams I study to help make my process better.

Right now, nothing I see in this organization inspires confidence that it should be emulated.

I am. This organization is in dire need of new blood. It's very stale. And who knows, we may get lucky and hit on the next best thing. Sticking with what we have now, we are still losing, so I don't see a downside of blowing it all up.
Your correct new blood is needed.

I'd give a whole new coaching staff and new QB 2-3 seasons to be competitive, as long as we see growth in year two.

A strategic teardown yes. We need to cut dead wait and focus on our younger players. If there's a player we want I'm open to trading assets

A complete tear down includes the front office, for me. Actually it starts with the front office. You let the new GM come in and drive it from there.
Absolutely agree! Although, I just don't see it happening. Loomis is a made man. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom