From a Mental Standpoint, Would You Be Prepared for a Full Tear Down? (2 Viewers)

I was ready the second Payton "retired".

That was the moment. We've wasted 2 years chasing Payton's ghost.

Also, for younger fans, let me tell you there is nothing more satisfying that following your team as they go from a complete teardown to a perennial contender. The journey is the best part.

I still say that Hakim Dropped the Ball is probably my favorite moment in the Dome and the loudest its ever been. We couldnt believe how amazing it felt to simply WIN ONE STUPID PLAYOFF GAME. It was awesome.

Depends on who that QB is. I’d feel pretty good if it were Stroud. I’d feel prettty good if I were a bears fan sitting with two top 3 picks.

I guarantee you panthers fans aren’t happy to have traded their top offensive player and a ton of draft capital for what seems to not have been the cream of the QB crop.

And now they’re going to have the top pick in the draft but it’s going to belong to the bears? The Panthers screwed themselves.

We know they weren’t expecting that otherwise they wouldn’t have fired their coach in his first season.

What I would do as arm chair GM:

Move Loomis out of the GMs chair.

Fire DA at the end of the season, but start compiling a short list of candidates.

Interview Ireland, Khai Harley in house and 2,3 other GM candidates from other teams.

Hire an offensive play calling head coach or DC Brian Flores I trust his judgement on offense to get the right OC.

Go all in on drafting a QB high in the 2024 draft. There are 3 legit out of the box good QBs in the draft.

Go, FA for a LT, better than Pete/Hurst.

I'd be fine with it. Wait'll you see next season when Artie Smith finally gets the right QB for the Falcons. It's gonna take 3-4 seasons to get right.

If the team cleans house, goes after one of the potential franchise QB’s, gets an innovative Head Coach, I will be doing summersaults- and I’m 75 years old! This is long overdo …

Everyone who says “yes they can” is lying. This place will go into full apoplexy about what-ifs and coulda-beens. It’s already happening amidst the Hall-of-Fame QB and coach leaving. It will devolve into hullabaloo about “this guy stinks, get the next guy in already” faster than Simon Cowell dismissed bad American Idol auditions.

Everyone who says “yes they can” is lying. This place will go into full apoplexy about what-ifs and coulda-beens. It’s already happening amidst the Hall-of-Fame QB and coach leaving. It will devolve into hullabaloo about “this guy stinks, get the next guy in already” faster than Simon Cowell dismissed bad American Idol auditions.
It's a fan board, and we are all wrestling with the post-Drew/Sean era and so far, it stinks. So yes, this is how it's going to be until we get back to a respectable place as a contender doubling down on a bad decision doesn't help anything.

I don't believe the fan base that came after 2005 is ready and those of us who have suffered before that are not looking forward to it. But we probably need to have some sort of rebuild versus the patchwork of the last couple of years.

Let's say we went the Panthers or Bears route and got a top pick, a quarterback. In his first year, he struggles, and we're winless by Week 12. How would you deal with it from a mental aspect? Would you still complain? Over the past two seasons, I've heard a lot about how this team should be deconstructed from top to bottom. But I've always wondered if folks really want to deal with a year of losing and no playoff berth in sight.
Here's a reality: we are *not* even middle of the road, have NOT been middle-of-the-road for several seasons now, and based on cap hits, bad contracts, and piss-poor management, we will remain an 8-9 or 7-10 team for some time.

So, here's what you should really ask:
  • Do you prefer to stay "in the hunt" each year, only to end up with a what-should-have-been-expected record of 7-10 or 8-9?
  • Do you prefer to have one or two completely trash seasons, 0-17, to then have a chance at swinging for the fences?
I choose option 2. I also admit this is due to the wonderful years of Brees and all of us having been spoiled with Brees at the helm.

It's a fan board, and we are all wrestling with the post-Drew/Sean era and so far, it stinks. So yes, this is how it's going to be until we get back to a respectable place as a contender doubling down on a bad decision doesn't help anything.
We're mostly wrestling with it because it really isn't the post-Drew/Sean era. It's the same era but without those guys. Nearly every other thing is the same without the guys that made it work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom