From ESPN Colin Cowherd picks Saints last because of DA (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know people will bash on Cowherd. He is a blowhard at times. He was also a fan during the last few years of the SP regime. It seems many people out there like most on here believe DA is our issue. I'm not convinced the Kubiak makes that much of a difference. The real question is with a 7-10 or worse season does the Saints brass pull the trigger.

1721492889433.png

Attachments

• 1721492767427.png
    1721492767427.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
It didn’t matter when Cowherd picked the Saints to win the division and make the playoffs the last few years as the Saints ended up not making the playoffs. It still doesn’t matter now just because they’re repeating some of our opinions about coaching. Games are won/loss on the field regardless of what the media thinks before the season.

He also wanted the Saints to leave NOLA after Katrina … I’ve heard his predictions before … this means … Championship!

I believe coaching makes a huge difference and I don’t think DA has proven himself to be a serviceable NFL head coach. With that being said it seems like he has recognized his weaknesses and has assembled a stronger staff. Let’s hope he gives them the reins so they can guide the team to a successful season. I give no credence to these talking heads. Most know less about sports than we do.

This could be the media’s getback for picking the Saints to be the division winners the last few years. After the Saints failed to back talking heads’ picks up for consecutive seasons, now it’s safe to predict the Saints to finish last and shame the roster talent, regardless of actual roster potential and a better OC.

The recent 7-10–9-8 seasons made the Cowherds and Peter Kings’ preseason picks look like duds. When the Saints have a good ‘24 season, the media will act like the Saints are a surprise team who proved their public picks wrong and gloss all over the Saints just because they picked them to finish last before the season. As if the media’s standings predictions at any point determines how good the Saints will be.

Colin is the biggest flip flopper in the history of sports talk. Dude will call a player the best in the game, to that player’s face, and then turn around and say that the same player was never the best at one point. Zero respect for the guy. The only time that he actually made any sense, was when he made a case for Drew Brees to be the GOAT. He actually made great points that no one else even thought of, but besides that, he’s been an absolute joke with clown takes. Not saying that I don’t agree with him about our coaching, but I don’t need to hear this from him.

You can make a case for us finishing 3rd in the division. We just arent very good. Sunshine pumpers can throw shade at that, but this roster - it just isnt very good. We have serious, serious questions in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Our O line is counting on a rookie and a full on bust to man the tackles. The guards arent good. McCoy is solid. We have a aging RB1 with a contract issue. A perpetually and painfully average QB1. No true RB2. No true WR1. Our WR2 is a 1 trick pony. We dont have a tight end on the roster. Our best defensive players are on the other side of their primes. And we have a head coach that couldnt coach his way out of a garage with 2 open garage doors and exit signs. I think if you ask anyone outside of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, theres at the very very least an argument for all those points.

But Carolina is far, far worse. They have nothing. And the nothing they dont have isnt going to be something anytime soon because they mortgaged most of their future on a bust at QB, gave away their best WR and are owned by the current worst owner in professional sports.

You can make a case for us finishing 3rd in the division. We just arent very good. Sunshine pumpers can throw shade at that, but this roster - it just isnt very good. We have serious, serious questions in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Our O line is counting on a rookie and a full on bust to man the tackles. The guards arent good. McCoy is solid. We have a aging RB1 with a contract issue. A perpetually and painfully average QB1. No true RB2. No true WR1. Our WR2 is a 1 trick pony. We dont have a tight end on the roster. Our best defensive players are on the other side of their primes. And we have a head coach that couldnt coach his way out of a garage with 2 open garage doors and exit signs. I think if you ask anyone outside of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, theres at the very very least an argument for all those points.

But Carolina is far, far worse. They have nothing. And the nothing they dont have isnt going to be something anytime soon because they mortgaged most of their future on a bust at QB, gave away their best WR and are owned by the current worst owner in professional sports.
I think it's all about the first 6 games for us. If we can come through that time 3-3 I think we finish strong. Your points make sense at QB. Oline I think is average to average+. Defense is aging but a mix of some younger players. Go 3-3 we have a shot at a good season. 2-4 or worse I think the wheels start to come off early. We will find out soon enough. One constant even from the most optimistic folks is a weak HC and it all starts there.

DA has a 2 year leash with Kubiak.
The excuse for year one will be system installation. (Learning curve and finding the fixes when problems arise)
Year 2 will be the axe if there's no improvement.
Sorry but that will be the road we're taking on a timeline .
The only way he's terminated sooner is a complete collapse.
Maybe this is what this team needs. A bunch of negative press to create an us against the world mentality .
We have a pretty good roster defensively...it's the offense that needs to learn as fast as possible on the new system in place. We can be 6-11 or 11-6. Like I've said before, this camp and pre season is a must to find ourselves.

It didn’t matter when Cowherd picked the Saints to win the division and make the playoffs the last few years as the Saints ended up not making the playoffs. It still doesn’t matter now just because they’re repeating some of our opinions about coaching. Games are won/loss on the field regardless of what the media thinks before the season.
No matter what, the team has to have a leader too. I have never seen DA lead a team as a head coach.

So obviously Cowturd has minions who get their informed opinions by reading Saints Report. This has got to be a plus right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom