From ESPN Colin Cowherd picks Saints last because of DA (2 Viewers)

He is nothing but a blowhard, he just says whatever he thinks sounds good coming out of his stupid mouth, and his predictions are completely worthless

DA has a 2 year leash with Kubiak.
The excuse for year one will be system installation. (Learning curve and finding the fixes when problems arise)
Year 2 will be the axe if there's no improvement.
Sorry but that will be the road we're taking on a timeline .
The only way he's terminated sooner is a complete collapse.
Maybe this is what this team needs. A bunch of negative press to create an us against the world mentality .
We have a pretty good roster defensively...it's the offense that needs to learn as fast as possible on the new system in place. We can be 6-11 or 11-6. Like I've said before, this camp and pre season is a must to find ourselves.
I agree the offense is lacking across multiple positions, tightend, oline, and rbs all need addressing. Qb is the strongest offensive position followed by wide receivers then there is a big drop. We currently have no starting nfl caliber tightend or right tackle. RBs are serviceable but not top tier. Kubiak has his work cut out for him.

Fitting considering he's the last place I'd ever choose to get any sports news from because of how moronic his takes are.

Dude ain't been relevant since SportsNation, if he was even relevant then; his takes however have never been relevant. Just about one-half step below Bayless regarding shrilling, annoying and outright useless takes.

I know people will bash on Cowherd. He is a blowhard at times. He was also a fan during the last few years of the SP regime. It seems many people out there like most on here believe DA is our issue. I'm not convinced the Kubiak makes that much of a difference. The real question is with a 7-10 or worse season does the Saints brass pull the trigger.

1721492889433.png
Sounds like the same reasoning alot of SR.com members want to see the Saints fail.

Cowherd is still with Fox. I wouldn't worry about him though. He'll change up fast. Lol

Until Allen proves otherwise, every bit of criticism is deserved. Off-season moves mean nothing.

I know people will bash on Cowherd. He is a blowhard at times. He was also a fan during the last few years of the SP regime. It seems many people out there like most on here believe DA is our issue. I'm not convinced the Kubiak makes that much of a difference. The real question is with a 7-10 or worse season does the Saints brass pull the trigger.

1721492889433.png
DA is a defensive coach. We know at least that half of the team loves. That’s been much publicized for the record. … But this season is the first time with HIS OFFENSE in place. … Coming to a new team/teammates and Carr only getting one preseason series (note his play got much better late in the season) before it got for real gave him no chance. Call me crazy. I probably am. But I have high hope for this, especially if AK41 if part of all it.

DA is a defensive coach. We know at least that half of the team loves. That’s been much publicized for the record. … But this season is the first time with HIS OFFENSE in place. … Coming to a new team/teammates and Carr only getting one preseason series (note his play got much better late in the season) before it got for real gave him no chance. Call me crazy. I probably am. But I have high hope for this, especially if AK41 if part of all it.
Last season was his offense. He's the one who insisted Pete stay on as OC.

This could be the media’s getback for picking the Saints to be the division winners the last few years. After the Saints failed to back talking heads’ picks up for consecutive seasons, now it’s safe to predict the Saints to finish last and shame the roster talent, regardless of actual roster potential and a better OC.

The recent 7-10–9-8 seasons made the Cowherds and Peter Kings’ preseason picks look like duds. When the Saints have a good ‘24 season, the media will act like the Saints are a surprise team who proved their public picks wrong and gloss all over the Saints just because they picked them to finish last before the season. As if the media’s standings predictions at any point determines how good the Saints will be.
Exactly what I was thinking. They got burned for picking us recently so now they are over correcting. These are all the same guys who will get on the bandwagon if we have a surprising start to the year.

Last season was his offense. He's the one who insisted Pete stay on as OC.
This is his offense, his offensive hires.

DA was asked to manage Payton's coaching staff when he took the job because Loomis and Co. are loyal employers and did not want to discard coaches who were also blindsided by Payton's "retirement".

DA like any new coaching hire deserves to bring in his own guys and with last offseasons Defensive coaching hires and this off-seasons Offensive coaching hires, DA is fielding a team based off his image and vision and not having to manage the previous regimes vision.

Last edited:
We had to many drives stall when and where they shouldn't have. End of game absolute head scratchers several times last year. No situational awareness. But that was last year or was it.

He picked the Saints to win the NFCS last year around this same time. By the end of the season he said the Saints were the most under coached team in the league.

I dislike Cowherd, but anyone can see that the Saints not winning the division last season was one of the biggest failures in NFL history. It was a historically easy schedule while having the best QB in the weakest division in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom