From Shams: BI and Willie Green had Locker Room Exchange (1 Viewer)

While I believe Willie has taken this team as far as he is capable,and I'm not defending Willie here, but BI wanted MORE touches ?? DORT had him completely flustered and totally off his game.

Giving him MORE touches and shots would have led to even worse performances.

Sorry BI more shots weren't going to pull Dort off you. You couldn't even get around him on iso plays.

Ingram spend too much time on the couch instead running in the gym.

You can't get open because your feet are concrete blocks

A little more on the topic:

There were frustrations throughout Brandon Ingram as far as where he stood late in the playoffs…sitting in one of the late games during the play-in tournament. And I'm told Ingram and Willie Green had an exchange at Game 2 [of their NBA Playoffs first-round series against the Thunder] in the locker room. Sources tell me Ingram essentially told Green he wanted the ball, he wanted Green to help him get the ball,” Charania said.

“Given how quiet Brandon Ingram is in nature, that direct approach with Green and how he spoke up toward the head coach was a seminal moment in the locker room. It did have a lasting impact since the end of the season,” said Charania. “That relationship is something to keep an eye on going into an important summer for Ingram and for the Pelicans as they decide how to dictate the future.”

Yes because if there's one thing we needed more of against OKC it was BI isos and contested 2s.

Just mash the reset button this summer. Start over. A-gain.

Yes because if there's one thing we needed more of against OKC it was BI isos and contested 2s.

Just mash the reset button this summer. Start over. A-gain.
How do you sell that to the fanbase?

How do you sell that to the fanbase?

It's an easier sell than "just wait til everyone's healthy." I doubt even the most diehard optimists want that again when its pretty obvious that this team is miles away from serious contention.

I don't expect a full reset but I think its pretty easy to say "We're Building Around Zion" and trade BI for parts and go from there. Now you're still stuck with the problem that our coach is philosophically opposed to fielding units that maximize Zion and the offense (Zion Plus Shooters) but I'm not sure they're going to part with Willie and BI in the same offseason.

It's an easier sell than "just wait til everyone's healthy." I doubt even the most diehard optimists want that again when its pretty obvious that this team is miles away from serious contention.

I don't expect a full reset but I think its pretty easy to say "We're Building Around Zion" and trade BI for parts and go from there. Now you're still stuck with the problem that our coach is philosophically opposed to fielding units that maximize Zion and the offense (Zion Plus Shooters) but I'm not sure they're going to part with Willie and BI in the same offseason.
Well, if you're planning on getting Trea Young or Garland Keeping Willie doesn't make a lot of sense. If you getting Murray. Murray and Willie would be a good fit honestly.

A little more on the topic:

I will say this. Someone else would've been coaching the team in the playoffs as I would have fired Green for sitting BI the rest of the game, especially after Zion got injured. And the crap excuse Green gave was just as damning.

While I believe Willie has taken this team as far as he is capable,and I'm not defending Willie here, but BI wanted MORE touches ?? DORT had him completely flustered and totally off his game.

Giving him MORE touches and shots would have led to even worse performances.

Sorry BI more shots weren't going to pull Dort off you. You couldn't even get around him on iso plays.

Once again, people who don't actually watch the games say this. Dort was not shutting down Ingram by himself. OKC either had Ingram bracketed or blitzed him to get the ball out of his hands. The frustration comes when the Pelicans can't scheme around that because CJ is playing like dog crap. And no Zion to worry about.

Once again, people who don't actually watch the games say this. Dort was not shutting down Ingram by himself. OKC either had Ingram bracketed or blitzed him to get the ball out of his hands. The frustration comes when the Pelicans can't scheme around that because CJ is playing like dog crap. And no Zion to worry about.

I watched every playoff game.

The only game that Dort didn't fluster him was when he got in early foul trouble.

His ability to keep his body in front of BI any time BI wanted to go right or left, giving him no chance to set Dort up for a pull up jumper was the issue. Watch the physical, suffocating defense by Dort on BI. BI was relegated to nothing but facilitator. Especially when others were shooting under 35% for series.

But BI was supposed to be our superstar. He wasn't even close to star status entire series. In 4 games he never cracked 20 pts.

That's not good enough to be clamoring for more shots (which is what this thread is about)

Can someone tell me what an exchange is? Lol Doesn't sound like anything to me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom