GAMEDAY THREAD -- Saints @ Falcons 9/29/24 (63 Viewers)

How about they shouldn't have been in position to kick that field goal in the first place. But keep defending the mediocrity we all have seen year after year and expecting it to change.

What are you even talking about? Holding an NFL team to 12 points is not mediocrity. It's frankly elite defense. If you want to call the team mediocre, I don't disagree with you. But that is due to a poor performance by the offense the last two games and the special teams, really just Shaheed, in this game.

What are you even talking about? Holding an NFL team to 12 points is not mediocrity. It's frankly elite defense. If you want to call the team mediocre, I don't disagree with you. But that is due to a poor performance by the offense the last two games and the special teams, really just Shaheed, in this game.
Throw all of it out the window once we had the lead with 1 minute left. All that mattered was the stop. And we fumbled again. 1-8 in the last 9 one score game for a reason.

Throw all of it out the window once we had the lead with 1 minute left. All that mattered was the stop. And we fumbled again. 1-8 in the last 9 one score game for a reason.

Yes and that reason is that our offense isn't good enough.

FGs and TDs don't count for more points because they are scored in the last two minutes of games.

Right back at you on the offensive side.
But the offense took the lead with one minute left. They stood up when we absolutely needed it. Listen, we cannot go into the playoffs (insert Jim Mora) with a defense that cannot hold a lead with around a minute left in the game. This is NOT the formula for success.

They're a defensive team. That's usually how it goes. Just like how offensive teams are usually expected to carry their defenses. The offense was able to perform in situational football when they needed to get the lead. The defense has shown over and over that theu can't play situational football when it counts. It's been years of evidence.

They are a football team. The offense, defense, and special teams all need to play well to win. Today the defense played well and the offense and special teams let them down. If you hold a team to 12 points you should win and if you don't it's on the offense and/or the special teams.

They are a football team. The offense, defense, and special teams all need to play well to win. Today the defense played well and the offense and special teams let them down. If you hold a team to 12 points you should win and if you don't it's on the offense and/or the special teams.
This is basically describing mediocrity. We've seen plenty of good defensice teams carry offenses that plays very poorly for 58 minutes and barely manages a lead on the final two minutes like Allen and Mahomes at times and their defense can usually manage to hold. Our seem to fail in the final minutes far too often.

It was good enough to take the lead in the final 2 minutes of both games.

And the only reason they managed to take the lead was that after the offense failed to score with 4 tries inside the 10 with about 3 minutes left the defense got a 3 and out inside of the Atlanta 20 that gave the offense the ball back around the 50 yard line. So, the defense gave the offense a chance in great field position which is the only reason we had the lead in the first place. Not to mention the fact that the defense holding them to 9 points until the second to last play of the game is the only reason they ever had a chance to win the game.

I am pulling for the Chargers this year. Have always like the team. I'd like to see them spank KC today. The last couple of years, every game they have lost to KC was a game they SHOULD have won. It was crazy. But maybe with Harbaugh as the coach, they can turn it around.

I am thoroughly disgusted with the Saints performances the last two weeks. I need a drink.

This is basically describing mediocrity. We've seen plenty of good defensice teams carry offenses that plays very poorly for 58 minutes and barely manages a lead on the final two minutes like Allen and Mahomes at times and their defense can usually manage to hold. Our seem to fail in the final minutes far too often.

Mediocre team, yes, but not a mediocre defense. The defense is averaging giving up less than 20 points per game this season. That's elite no matter when those points are scored.

No one is arguing the defense didn’t play great for 58 minutes. We would just like them to do their job for the last two minutes for once.
I think we played the last 2 like the first 58. No pressure on cousins and man. Adebo just got the PI. They only needed to get 30 yards to be in FG range. I hate not hitting the QB. With our DB's I would live or die by blitzing and playing man. Hit the QB all day long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom