GAMEDAY THREAD -- Saints @ Falcons 9/29/24 (7 Viewers)

So the last 3 Saints drives have stalled at midfield or in Falcons territory, in part because the OL is not holding up.

Meanwhile, the Saints DL is not getting much pressure against the Falcons' injured OL.
I wouldn’t say the stalls were on the oline more than they were due to Carr’s decisions. Look at 2nd and 3rd downs on the last drive. Could have dumped off to AK41 for the first down, but wouldn’t.

The pass rush was cooked the moment posters started talking about them feasting on Storm Norton and the back up center lol. It’s a tale as old as time.

Maybe they turn it up in the second half. Our secondary is elite else we’d be way worse off.
I think I would rather face a team of genuine All-Pro players than a team comprised totally of players who washed out of Saints training camp.

Maybe I’m overreacting but I’m ready for this era of mediocre Saints football to end. Plenty of promise that goes nowhere because of too many bad mistakes and a HC/QB duo that have never really succeeded. Time to at least try something different.

Hopefully taysom is ok. He is key contributor in this new scheme offense. Defense has trouble keying on what’s going on when he’s on the field with Kamara

That is who he has always been. I don't know why anyone would expect anything more.
Those first couple weeks had some of us almost fooled… almost. I expect things to even out and be another year like last year. Silly mistakes that make us worse then what we are and a couple unexpected wins to put us right around 9-8 zzzz. Hope we are better than that obviously, but not as hopeful any more.

I think Carr hit one pass that traveled more than 5 yards down field in the first half. He's had a really ugly 6 quarters. Taysom makes our offense go and relying on a one of a kind 35 year old to play 88 snaps a game is not a good recipe. Such a weird offense through the first 3.5 weeks. If we don't jump out to a lead we're going to struggle this year. When we make stupid plays like that interception or inexplainable decision by Shaheed, it makes winning really hard.

Not going to blame him. You can’t outscheme people who can’t get out their own way. I’m about done with Carr at QB. The good just isn’t outweighing the mediocre and the bad.

Carr is fine if you give him protection but after the second TD drive, the middle of the OL had been giving up way too much pressure in Carr's face. And given our OL injuries and it being mediocre at best even when it's healthy, they are going to be a major liability in two minute drives and drives when the defense knows you have to throw the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom