Good analysis of Carr (3 Viewers)

Honest question from a divisional foe fan. There will be so much time for smack later.

Is there a question about his relationship with teammates? Some things I saw during games did not look good, but things have a tendency to get overblown.

For whatever questions people have about Baker's talent, nobody questions how his team feels about him. They seem to love him and have his back. Is it the same there?

Honest question from a divisional foe fan. There will be so much time for smack later.

Is there a question about his relationship with teammates? Some things I saw during games did not look good, but things have a tendency to get overblown.

For whatever questions people have about Baker's talent, nobody questions how his team feels about him. They seem to love him and have his back. Is it the same there?
There were some issues last year early on that seemed to be ironed out via mutual effort.

I wasn't too fond of seeing him resort to buying players chains etc. I also think, and it was obvious by the McCoy comment that maybe he wasn't being held accountable publicly for his mistakes like some of the offensive guys would have liked, but he damn sure had no problem putting them on the spot.

I recall one Allen conference where he refused to place any blame in Carr's lap, but for all we know, Allen may understand Carr's psyche better than we do, and perhaps lambasting him in that way may have not been the best thing. Still, Carr and the other players seems to appreciate the approach from Kubiak.

Alas, I think winning cures most things, or at the very least makes the road smoother.

Just curious. How do you feel about Baker? It wasn't that long ago there were teammates and future teammates saying they wouldn't play with him. How did that work out for Baker? Have you heard any players say the kind of stuff about Carr that was said about Baker?

He'll be just fine and looks to have already worked through those issues.

The best thing the team did this offseason was to part ways with Michael Thomas. The team has healed and grown since he left the team in season last year.

I never really heard anything being reported as "a Saints player said...". More observation and talking head stuff. That's why it's hard to know what's true in an If it Bleeds, it Leads kind of news business.

As for Baker, I wasn't crazy about the pickup at first but he has really grown on me and the fanbase. I can't speak for what others may have experienced in other places, but the ownership group that said they wanted a "grown-up at qb" replaced him with a rapist. Meanwhile Baker seems to have the locker room firmly behind him and is a family man now.

Don't get me wrong. He was humbled. I just think he is doing what a lot of people don't and learning from mistakes.

That's why I go back to Carr. He almost single-handedly kept the Raiders from imploding during the Chuckie debacle. Hard to believe the same guy could be a poor leader.

However, his natural guy liner still bugs me for some reason. 😀

I never really heard anything being reported as "a Saints player said...". More observation and talking head stuff. That's why it's hard to know what's true in an If it Bleeds, it Leads kind of news business.

As for Baker, I wasn't crazy about the pickup at first but he has really grown on me and the fanbase. I can't speak for what others may have experienced in other places, but the ownership group that said they wanted a "grown-up at qb" replaced him with a rapist. Meanwhile Baker seems to have the locker room firmly behind him and is a family man now.

Don't get me wrong. He was humbled. I just think he is doing what a lot of people don't and learning from mistakes.

That's why I go back to Carr. He almost single-handedly kept the Raiders from imploding during the Chuckie debacle. Hard to believe the same guy could be a poor leader.

However, his natural guy liner still bugs me for some reason. 😀

Yeah, his leadership had never been questioned until here by a guy who is unemployed.

Baker had always been a leader. Tye inly guys who don't like him are weak, little men.

Just curious. How do you feel about Baker? It wasn't that long ago there were teammates and future teammates saying they wouldn't play with him. How did that work out for Baker? Have you heard any players say the kind of stuff about Carr that was said about Baker?

He'll be just fine and looks to have already worked through those issues.

The best thing the team did this offseason was to part ways with Michael Thomas. The team has healed and grown since he left the team in season last year.
And moving on from Carmichael too

And Snakehead 5 weeks now since we moved to Crestview and loving it

From what I saw last season, Carr struggled on long developing plays where Wr’s had choice routes. You could tell he had to wait and see what break the WR was going to make before he threw the ball, there was very little anticipation and confidence they were seeing the same thing.

On up tempo, hard route plays, Carr seemed to perform better, faster, and got the ball out with anticipation knowing where the WR would be.

I don’t know much about KK’s offensive scheme, but if it’s anything like the 49ers I think Carr will do well. The 49ers offense is all about getting playmakers the ball in space and letting them do their job. Lots of crossing routes, slants, screens, over the middles, etc. I think if Care can drop back in time and let the ball rip, he will do a lot better than last season.

Dc4 was in his first year with a new team so his chemistry with the rest of the team was shaky but got better and better as the season went along. His popularity amongst his teammates sky rocketed to an all time high, December 31st. Dec 31st, DC4 and the Saints were in a must win game for the division, and they dismantled the over rated favored Bucs 23-13. Honest answer from a divisional foe fan. Nice try gas lighter. 😎

From what I saw last season, Carr struggled on long developing plays where Wr’s had choice routes. You could tell he had to wait and see what break the WR was going to make before he threw the ball, there was very little anticipation and confidence they were seeing the same thing.

On up tempo, hard route plays, Carr seemed to perform better, faster, and got the ball out with anticipation knowing where the WR would be.

I don’t know much about KK’s offensive scheme, but if it’s anything like the 49ers I think Carr will do well. The 49ers offense is all about getting playmakers the ball in space and letting them do their job. Lots of crossing routes, slants, screens, over the middles, etc. I think if Care can drop back in time and let the ball rip, he will do a lot better than last season.
This was something that I made mention of when he first signed. One of Carr's weaknesses is throwing with timing and anticipation and a part of his intermediate throw issues is due to his horrible footwork but honestly, in today's NFL, that is not limited to Carr in the least. That's why the "modern offense" requires less skill from a QB and just require them to be "accurate."

I agree with you 100% in the fact that Carr needs "static" routes and this is one of the key reasons why he struggled with Josh McDaniels. If anyone knows anything about that offense, it is E-P to the core. Each side has a route concept to beat a defense, the QB must read correctly both pre-snap and post-snap, with options and choice routes built into a lot of plays. Looking at the Vikings during Kubiak's season there, I think Carr will do good in the system but it's all about how he picks it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom