Great chance for Saints to open up a 2 1/2 game lead over Carolina (1 Viewer)

But we do control the seeding ov
Although we do technically control our own destiny for a #2 seed by beating SF. And that's because SF plays GB later on in the season.

Correct, if the Saints win out, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. SF and GB do play each other, so they both can't tie with us. I'm not entirely sure if the Saints have the tiebreaker over the Packers, so that might be an issue.

We'll see soon enough.

Correct, if the Saints win out, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. SF and GB do play each other, so they both can't tie with us. I'm not entirely sure if the Saints have the tiebreaker over the Packers, so that might be an issue.

We'll see soon enough.
We won't know anything about the tie breaker with GB (if it even comes to that) until many more NFC games have been played by both teams. We're just getting to the halfway point of the season Sunday.

No. We control our own fate by just beating the Niners. Division first. We will beat the Panthers in our 2 games. Say the Panthers beat the Niners and we happen to lose Sunday. Based on your statement, you are okay with coming back from our bye week with only a one game lead against the Panthers?

No. We control our own fate by just beating the Niners. Division first. We will beat the Panthers in our 2 games. Say the Panthers beat the Niners and we happen to lose Sunday. Based on your statement, you are okay with coming back from our bye week with only a one game lead against the Panthers?
I know it's "any given Sunday" and all that, but AZ has barely beaten three of the worst teams in the league for their wins. A combined three wins by the Giants, falcons and Bungles. I'd be shocked if we lose this game, especially with a half a season's worth of film on Murray and their offense and how good our D has been and getting better every week.

I think that the point that needs to be made is that we could beat the Niners and not have home field if we don't win our division. We could end up being the wildcard using the "go Panthers vs 49ers logic" With 2 games to go against the Panthers, you can't go rooting for the Panthers to beat anybody. So, would you rather be the wildcard and have no home games, or win your own division and have some home games?

We won't know anything about the tie breaker with GB (if it even comes to that) until many more NFC games have been played by both teams. We're just getting to the halfway point of the season Sunday.

We're talking about controlling destiny at this point. If the Packers were to lose this week, then we would be in the driver's seat. If they win, then sure it would be unclear. I'm not entirely sure if the Packers loss was to an AFC or NFC team because if the Saints and Packers tied, I think the Packers would have the edge in a head to head tiebreaker scenario.

Of course, a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but it's a good fun discussion regardless.

Down the road, when the Saints' conference record is applied as against a team like the Packers who we don't play during the regular season, these NFC games the Saints play can mean the difference between a playoff bye or not. At home, before the bye week, Saints need to take care of business against AZ. But Sean and the team know this.

Down the road, when the Saints' conference record is applied as against a team like the Packers who we don't play during the regular season, these NFC games the Saints play can mean the difference between a playoff bye or not. At home, before the bye week, Saints need to take care of business against AZ. But Sean and the team know this.
That's what I was getting at in my reply to @DaveXA. There are just so many conference games left for both us and Green Bay that the tie breaker between us can't be judged yet like we can with San Fran and Carolina since we don't play GB.

It’s great to kick this can down the road, but I can’t even wrap my head around playoff seeding in week 8. I just know we need to keep winning to fend off the Panthers and to keep pace with the 49ers and Packers.
It feels like every time we’re really, really good, we don’t have much wiggle room for losses, which can be a motivator and keep the team focused. As a fan, it’s tiresome because I want everyone in the NFC to suck but us. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom