Green Bay shows where the Saints royally screwed up (2 Viewers)

Drafting a couple of QBs in the mid-rounds and signing Teddy Bridgewater is not what I'm talking about.

Look at every playoff team this year and count the 1st and 2nd round QBs.
I get the point but not totally accurate- ie, Purdy, Prescott, Geno. But yes, drafting one in the 4th round aint gonna cut it, cause the Aint's are HORRIBLE talent valuators at the QB position

Mediocre football teams get mediocre draft position. I hear quite a bit of talk about moving up in the draft to snag one of the top tier QBs. I'm really not sure how we could do that without completely giving up the farm. The problem with that is we no longer have a farm to sell.

IIRC, we only have 5 draft picks plus whatever compensatory picks we're awarded. If you add that to salary cap hell, we're looking at possible long term mediocrity at best.

You also have to factor in that at the time we should/could have been drafting a QB, the head coach was telling everyone that Drew's successor was already in the building.

It’s easy to look back and say this. What if we would have drafted.

Kenny Pickett
Zach Wilson
Trey Lance
Justin Fields
Mac Jones
Daniel Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Mitch Trubisky

All first round picks. We would be in no better situation. plus when you draft a rookie 1st round you tend to give him a couple of years to stink up the joint.

Bottom line Greenbay has drafted better than us at the not only quarter back but most positions. The end.

Some of those guys could have developed into Pro Bowl QBs in the right system with the right coaching and mentoring. A lot of them became the scapegoats for bad coaches and organisations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom