Happy Easter! What happens when we die?? (1 Viewer)

What happens when we die?

• Our soul goes to heaven/hell for eternity

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • We are reborn according to merit accrued in this life

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • We are energy, birth and death are illusions

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Nothing, we just wink out--the end

Votes: 41 38.7%

• Total voters
This one is easy. After we die, we get put into a tomb which is then covered by a large boulder. BTW, said boulder is not mobile with the strength of one man. We decompose for a day and a half, then on Sunday we miraclously become reanimated and continue our lives as if nothing happened.

BTW, THIS IS JUST A JOKE, SO PLEASE DON'T JUMP ALL OVER MY CASE.
Taken just as offered! The question is why would this be less valid than any other option? I'm still gonna blame it on SR for limiting us to only four poll options:ezbill:

If God exists, why the **** can't we win a Superbowl? I'd think the "Saints" would be predestined. Read "American Gods" and you'll see how ridiculous believing in something with no physical proof can be. Need anymore proof? Bush believes God's plan supercedes all mens' plans. So God is for Iraq. Let's see where this goes.

If God exists, why the **** can't we win a Superbowl? I'd think the "Saints" would be predestined. Read "American Gods" and you'll see how ridiculous believing in something with no physical proof can be. Need anymore proof? Bush believes God's plan supercedes all mens' plans. So God is for Iraq. Let's see where this goes.
It's just Faith. Some have it, some don't. It's an individual choice. I agree, believing in or focusing on something that's so intangible can take away from what exists in the present moment.

However, this belief is fine on an individual basis, but it's when these beliefs, or lack thereof, are forced on others that I become disillusioned. How many wars have been propagated in the name of God? And how sad must that make God, assuming one believes in God.

I feel that if indeed God created man, he/she created 6 billion distinct individuals for a reason, not to have all merely toe the same line.

well, i believe he actually existed as a person.... so i have an insurance policy in case there really is a god :9:
I believe in the Jesus who said, "All that I have done, the least of you can do more." I believe Jesus was sent to help us reconnect with the divinity within us. I do believe in miracles. What bothers me is that these things, which should be innate to us, are considered miracles

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom