Has anyone ever worked in Australia! (1 Viewer)

Boy did I...waiting for the bus to work, our hats become a never ending wave around the face...called the "Woomera Wave"...
Netted hats were all the rage at Nurrungur when I was there.

It is difficult to describe with sufficient ick how they would fly in your mouth, nose, and ears. I was glad of pants to be certain.

Netted hats were all the rage at Nurrungur when I was there.

It is difficult to describe with sufficient ick how they would fly in your mouth, nose, and ears. I was glad of pants to be certain.
Well shirt...what year was that? What section did you work in? I was a TTY tape ape in the comcen...

I’m in the process of applying for jobs, strongly considering several options in New South Wales.
Let me wish you the best of luck and good fortune in your search for a job in NSW, Australia. Beautiful,.immensely large country, good, smart, intelligent, hard-working, salt-of-the-earth people that have a bit of a roguish charm that never fails to win over most foreigners, tourists, Western ex-pats who work and live over their on a temporary or permanent basis.

Well shirt...what year was that? What section did you work in? I was a TTY tape ape in the comcen...
I was there in the early 90's so several years after you. We deployed in support of Desert Storm. Not sure I can say more than that.

Scariest thing was working night shift. One day we head out to the site and the normal path is blocked. Turns out we'd been walking right over a brown snake den at night for weeks.

They don't bother making antivenom for those. You won't make it long enough to be administered was the explanation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom