Heat Schmeat (Let's Talk about the Weather, Y'all)(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Per ERCOT, Texas used a record amount of electricity yesterday. My thermostat refused to drop below 78 until 8pm. I thought it was broken.

I just sat there on my sofa trying to come up with a plan. I don't remember ever being that hot inside my house ever in life.

I still don't have a plan. I expect my electric bill to easily be $300.

On the brightside (I guess), I'll consume less alcohol during the day 😑

Per ERCOT, Texas used a record amount of electricity yesterday. My thermostat refused to drop below 78 until 8pm. I thought it was broken.

I just sat there on my sofa trying to come up with a plan. I don't remember ever being that hot inside my house ever in life.

I still don't have a plan. I expect my electric bill to easily be $300.

On the brightside (I guess), I'll consume less alcohol during the day 😑
What was the temp outside?

102 at the hottest point.
Yeah, I run my air conditioning at 72. I'm in Boston so obviously I don't go through what you do, but we have hot days. If it's pushing 100 here I can't get my inside temp below 76. If it went over 100 I suspect I'd be like you with an inside temp of about 78.

The nice thing about living near the mountains is that I can go there to cool off. It was 100F in Denver yesterday but we spent our day at Guanella Pass near Georgetown, CO. It was 55F there. We even played in the snow.

I'm planning to go to Estes Park next weekend. The high is expected to be 72F..

I can't stand this and it's not even quite mid June yet.

I've been trying to channel those polar vortex feelings from last year.

And while (I don't think) the heat could cripple a region the way the freeze did, I'm completely fed up with them both.

I officially cursed out the sun yesterday. And the atmosphere, in general.

I received my neighbor's package by accident. She's one street over.

And while I typically deliver stuff like that ASAP, whenever I think about that loooong walk from the street to her front door, I convince myself it's nothing more than vitamins or something else un-fun. And I promise to bring it tomorrow... 🥵

I've been trying to channel those polar vortex feelings from last year.

And while (I don't think) the heat could cripple a region the way the freeze did, I'm completely fed up with them both.

I officially cursed out the sun yesterday. And the atmosphere, in general.

I received my neighbor's package by accident. She's one street over.

And while I typically deliver stuff like that ASAP, whenever I think about that loooong walk from the street to her front door, I convince myself it's nothing more than vitamins or something else un-fun. And I promise to bring it tomorrow... 🥵
How long have you lived in DFW? As long as we don't get a repeat of 2011, then I'll consider it a small win.

I've long wondered why early settlers picked DFW to stop and make home. It's an aesthetic wasteland with nothing redeeming about it, the Trinity river is small, the summer's totally suck, the pollen is ridiculous, the summer's suck(i may have typed that already) and it's like in the middle of nowhere; a long drive/wagon ride to the coast and the mountains. If I missed anything feel free to add. I think I forgot to mention the summer's suck.

How long have you lived in DFW? As long as we don't get a repeat of 2011, then I'll consider it a small win.

I've long wondered why early settlers picked DFW to stop and make home. It's an aesthetic wasteland with nothing redeeming about it, the Trinity river is small, the summer's totally suck, the pollen is ridiculous, the summer's suck(i may have typed that already) and it's like in the middle of nowhere; a long drive/wagon ride to the coast and the mountains. If I missed anything feel free to add. I think I forgot to mention the summer's suck.
I think we talked about this in another thread (maybe about Las Vegas)
It’s seems most any city that’s west of the MS river that’s not on a body of water was developed bc railroads needed refueling spots, et al
I had similar questions to you when I moved to NTx in late 90s - the place just made no sense

I've been here since September 2005. Here's the thing. The first 100 degree day in 2011 didn't occur until well after our first 100-degree day this year.

So all signs point to this year being even hotter!

I will never forget 2011.

I swore that every time the wind blew, it was the devil's breath as he laughed at us.

The Trinity is hilariously puny. I used to think the Mississippi was shallow and narrow. Psssh. You could easily play pitch and catch across certain parts of the Trinity with no fear of the ball falling in. SMH.

The topography is complete sheet. You need a jackhammer to break up the soil in your yard if it dries out. Wedge cracks in your foundation are "completely normal and nothing to worry about." 🙄

It's unnecessarily WINDY. How Chicago still holds this distinction and not DFW is beyond me. I've looked it up! Dallas is windier than the Windy City.

I can't imagine any settlers stopping here and being like, "Aw yeah. I love me some hot wind!"

They must've just been tired of traveling and needed to pee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom