I’m inclined to think the Saints would ideally like to leave this draft w/ Bowers (4 Viewers)

Every draft prospect is a crap shoot, so everyone who is saying that Bowers is some can't miss prospect absolutely can be wrong and he could be a bust.

The Saints do not have the luxury to take a chance and possibly miss on a tight end when you have 2 legitimate offensive lineman on the roster. One is really good and the other is just average.
Do you really think that if we get Bowers @ 14 and we don't get a T @ 45 that the Saints won't resign Peat or another FA T after the draft?? C'mon Peat and Becton are on speed dial probably as I type this. Plus with all the OT talent in the draft there will be some good players released after the draft

They've said a lot of things. The one I listened to this morning Nick said he's almost 100% sure we're going to take the best OT available at 14.
That's if Bowers , Oduzo or Turner are not there. Him and Mike have said that multiple times

I’m truly stunned that we have not signed a sure-fire (mid level) starting LT prior to the draft, I mean like Peat caliber.

Seems odd for us to be going into a draft with such an obvious need.

I sure hope we don’t view Hurst as that guy.
I'll bet Peat and Becton are on speed dial

If we didn't need 2 tackles I would be onboard with this but with Ram gone it would be foolish an irresponsible not to address the OL position.

And Brees was a 2nd round pick therefore no teams should select QBs in the first.

Past drafts have NO RELEVANCE TO FUTURE DRAFTS.
All Sweet can hear when someone doesn't support early picks on 'playmakers' is 'blah blah blah'.

I think it's a form of cognitive dissonance.

The only reason to draft a TE that high is if he’s George Kittle.

The comps I’ve seen for Bowers are…George Kittle.

Were running the SF offense (give or take).

Bowers would be ideal BPA. He’d make every offensive snap unpredictable. I’d happily take a T or Edge if bowers were gone. But he’s too good to pass up.
If he's there at 14, take him--grab 2nd tier OL back end of 1st rd (trade up) or stay put at 45 and take best available OL

I always prefer us to draft BPA over need. This year most likely those two things will overlap since we desperately need OT and there several good ones that should be there at 14. Really the only scenario I see where OT isn’t BPA at 14 is IF Bowers is still there and Alt isn’t. I fully expect both of those players to be gone by 14 but in the unlikely situation that Bowers is there and Alt isn’t, I would love the Saints to do one of two things. One, draft bowers. He will BPA and has the potential to be an unbelievable game changing weapon. In this case we could draft OT in the second and bring peat back. Will still have to address the OLine again next offseason but there is a high chance we would do that anyways since I don’t know if we can fix it in one year. Two, trade the pick to a team that wants Bowers. Don’t trade completely out of the first and pick up some extra picks. There will be someone that’s willing to pay to move up in my opinion.

JJ's contract ends after 2024. Moreau and Hill end after 2025. Hill is 34. In 2024, we will spend 27M for this trio. We could draft Bowers, then in 2025 let JJ walk and cut/restr both Hill Moreau while spending half that on TE. Bowers could be what we hoped a combination of these 3 guys would give us.
Saints must get better in the trenches OL, DL. Better protection for Carr and find a pass rusher in this draft. Cam has only 1yr, Turner only 1 yr, Chase only 1 yr, need another bona-fide DT to pair with Bresee. Those are more pressing priorities than the TE position. There will be a TE to be had in the 5th rd that'll be just as productive as Bowers will be, history tells us.

There will be a TE to be had in the 5th rd that'll be just as productive as Bowers will be, history tells us.
No, no, no. That 'get good players in the latter rounds' only applies to OL. That's what we're consistently being told, so it must be true 🤪🤪

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom