I don't know how to come back from this (1 Viewer)

It sucks. Feel like a bullet is stuck in my stomach.
I know where you're coming from.
And when you think how great you would have been feeling if the NFL officials hadn't pulled that trigger, it just makes the bullet wound that much more painful.

Imagine taking your dog to the vet for shots, but then they tell you that they accidentally gave him something to put him down. Then they tell you, they've never made a mistake this big and that they COULD revive him with a never before used medicine but they refuse to. Even though it is within their power, they refuse to make the situation right. Instead they just call you and apologize for killing your dog. Everyone in the vets office and neighborhood knows the vet screwed up, and everyone is apologetic and sympathetic but your dog is still dead, even though it shouldn't be and doesn't have to be. And you still have to pay the vet's bill for killing your dog.

Now imagine some folks just telling you to move on, its just a dog.

That's what this whole situation feels like.

Great analogy. That’s exactly how it feels....

Here is a suggestion. Have a jazz funeral and parade during the Superbowl right down Canal Street or St. Charles Avenue or Poydras Street. No Saints fan wants to watch the game. It might garner some publicity and keep the issue alive.

Some would call it sour grapes, but a combination boycott and parade has a certain appeal and maybe some cathartic value for the aggrieved and angry fans. Some creative floats would be nice, maybe a representation of refs taking money from the current commissioner. Refs with blindfolds. Refs with dark glasses and white canes. Stuff like that.

One of the core teachings of the Buddha was, If we get attached to the outcome of something, most of the time we will be unhappy. But I don't know how to or even if I want to detach from Saints games and wins. Just guess I'll suffer on this for a while.

I know I can roll in my hurt or I can start to try and see positives. Hump, one of the positives was reading your awesome and almost always hysterical posts this last season. Brother, I'm very sorry we lost, but your posts made this season much more enjoyable. And you never seem to have a mean bone in your body. Who Dat Hump!!

Well, he is our Pooky-Bear!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dThz/geico-nature-sounds

I was a bit numb to it immediately after. Livid, but numb. If that makes any sense at all. I was actually surprised when the emotions got worse with time. Each morning since it's what I woke up thinking about, and last night I even dreamed about it. My anger morphed into sadness which is now encroaching on a football depression. I'm just not sure how I can watch a game ever again without thinking about it.

This loss hits harder than any other because they didn't actually lose. They were undeniably robbed, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

I think that's what hurts the most, the helplessness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom