I think DA is Getting Year 4 (6 Viewers)

So you’re serious about this, it’s not a joke.
Well, Payton leaving a shirtshow behind? A heck of a team that went 9-8 with a mediocre QB plus three third-string replacements?
What about the cap that ML is managing the same way regardless of the coach; what about the awful drafts, that stayed awful after Payton left.
And don’t mind *lots* of players taking a shot at the coaching staff this past year.
You’re the troll. Your nick is a tipical choice by people who make weird takes and can’t get why they’re disliked. Sorry bro, try having a more balanced point of view.

It's a joke, that he is serious about, inexplicably.....unless he is related to DA......not worth engaging, IMO.....

Nice post....agreed....

Mickey Loomis giving a completely lame answer to a reporter which should have been a very obvious answer on letting Michael Thomas go is such a spineless move. How hard is it to say "We decided to go in a different direction at that position, we wish Michael all the best" ?

I cannot wait until he retires.

So you’re serious about this, it’s not a joke.
Well, Payton leaving a shirtshow behind? A heck of a team that went 9-8 with a mediocre QB plus three third-string replacements?
Yeah, and the head coach who isn’t as good as Sean Payton finished all of two wins worse the following season. Let’s not act like the bottom fell out, though! If the Saints had gone from 2021’s 9-8 to, like, 4-13, this degree of criticism and scrutiny would be very warranted. Not once, not twice, but three times Payton had bigger dropoffs year-over-year, and two of them occurred with his Hall-of-Fame QB under center (2007: 10 wins to 7; 2014: 11 wins to 7; 2021: 12 wins to 9). Two second-place finishes, twice in the playoff hunt in week 18 of the NFL season, and many of you are acting like it’s catastrophe season, blowing the team’s circumstances way out of proportion, and can’t read so much as a weather report without begging the team to clean house. Fans around the league are watching this fanbase with a raised eyebrow, going “don’t those guys know how much worse things could get?” - and for a fanbase that knew worse for 35+ years, y’all sure are acting like it’s actually been 55 years of consistent, sustained excellence and only now two years of dog doodoo.

What about the cap that ML is managing the same way regardless of the coach
That’s just how Mickey manages the cap, borrowing from the future to pay the present, hoping to be right enough at least so the bottom doesn’t fall out. At some point y’all are going to have to get over that. He’s never seen a team both play its home games in New Orleans and be as dreadful as most of the 20th century Saints were. That man might be the best thing to happen to this franchise, and that’s before considering what conversations he might’ve had with Tom Benson in believing the team could return to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina’s devastating impact on the city. A 7-win floor and a Super Bowl contention ceiling for two decades, with a championship for good measure, is nothing short of exemplary.

what about the awful drafts, that stayed awful after Payton left.
2022: Two starters, a special teams contributor, and an OL to figure out. The fifth player has an Air Force career to look forward to if the football thing doesn’t go all the way. Added a rookie WR/RS after the draft who plays with a ton of passion, contributes positively every time he touches the ball, and is expected to take another big step forward this season.
2023: Four rotation players, with three directly expected to see increased playing time in 2024 due to free agent moves at their positions (DT, S, and WR), with the fourth rotation player being behind the team’s best player on the depth chart. A young QB to have some belief in. Jury’s still out on an OL and a DL. Found new K and P in UDFA pool.

…but to you, because every draftee isn’t a Pro-Bowler and All-NFL team member, it’s “awful.” Okay.

And don’t mind *lots* of players taking a shot at the coaching staff this past year.
One player took lots of shots at the coaching staff, and now he’s doing it without a team to play for. As for the final play vs. Atlanta… look, you wanna get your teammate a TD, cool, but to then pump your fists in triumph like you just won a title game because you got a guy his first TD on a play where nobody else was trying… it just comes off a bit dorky to me. TO ME. I didn’t like DA apologizing to the Falcons (another dorky move made necessary by the first one) but he did have to make it clear that the gentlemen’s agreement play will continue to have that standing, to take the risk of injury (someone playing through it, believing it’s a ruse) away from the players that, like it or not, he’s still coaching. And even if they brought your dreams to life and fired him, the move would still be attached to “the Saints” and the next guy in charge would carry the exact same risk.

You’re the troll. Your nick is a tipical choice by people who make weird takes and can’t get why they’re disliked. Sorry bro, try having a more balanced point of view.
TH has been one of the more balanced posters I’ve seen in my short time here. I feared perhaps he wouldn’t be, with the name and avi, but even ideas of his I don’t find agreeable don’t have the tinge of pessimistic smarm over them that so many other fonts do.

Sooner he leaves the better.

Guy is about inspiring as roadkill.
He’s super boring publicly, but players like him and play well for him on defense.

It’s a drain going from a TV ready coach like Payton to stoic Allen but it’s a stretch to say he’s completely uninspiring.

We just have to deal with it and hope his method leads to wins.

He’s super boring publicly, but players like him and play well for him on defense.

He reminds me of a Boss I had recently. Really nice guy. Personality of a toaster. Can't think of anything bad about the fellow but no one was very enthusiastic about being there. DA strikes me the same way. Decent guy but doesn't inspire people.

I'm basing this on the team's current optics. Hearing things like a soft rebuild, clean up the cap, retool, etc.
Unless things go completely sideways, I think he'll return in 2025. No hyperbole.
Hes ded geeing a year 4. Why would they fire him only one year after reframing his offensive staff, when there’s no guarantee a new HC would keep them? That would be a waste

I’ve told people for months now. Loomis is patient and outside of his 10-6 season as a first year HC, Payton with a HOF QB was still a 7-9 coach when he didn’t have a defense.

At some point people will have to admit that Allen gave us two middle of the road seasons minus a Drew Brees level QB and an incompetent offense.

He’s done equally as good with less

Hes ded geeing a year 4. Why would they fire him only one year after reframing his offensive staff, when there’s no guarantee a new HC would keep them? That would be a waste

I’ve told people for months now. Loomis is patient and outside of his 10-6 season as a first year HC, Payton with a HOF QB was still a 7-9 coach when he didn’t have a defense.

At some point people will have to admit that Allen gave us two middle of the road seasons minus a Drew Brees level QB and an incompetent offense.

He’s done equally as good with less

Is this sarcasm or, no? Allen is a loser. No one has to admit anything.

Between our QB and HC, they have a combined 15 NFL seasons in their current positions and have 0 playoff wins. I, and everyone on this board, have been the head coach in the playoffs the same amount of times as Dennis Allen.

It’s Mickey’s style. He’s patient, sometimes to a fault. Sometimes it is tactical, and sometimes it is hubris and a “I gotta prove I am the smartest man in the room and that my decision was correct.”

DA will get the Jim Haslett treatment and will only be fired if the bottom falls out.

DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.
I think the ratio of likes to clowns on your post is pretty indicative of the overall fan base.

So basically 2 years on the job and both of them with offensive ineptitude. Yet here we are saying he’s doing a good job.
Maybe we should pull back the DA is good and just label him as average till he actually can prove he is a good coach.

Because he's a very good defensive coach who was saddled with leftovers in his first 2 years.

We got our QBs killed in both of the last 2 seasons playing with handmedowns and injuries and even then 1 or 2 points in a few games last year and we won 11.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom