I think DA is Getting Year 4 (4 Viewers)

I was around for Ditka. He was out pretty quickly. With Haslett he at least built up good will. Allen has really done nothing to even earn the job in the first place and has a track record of mediocrity…and yet there is no end in sight. I swear that this organization is being run like it’s Veteran Affairs

I'm no fan of DA, but Ditka was much worse and Haslett wasn't much different from DA other than getting lucky one year and then spending the rest of his career getting lucky with Saintsations. Talk about a locker room out of control.

But, I do think there is end in sight. I know people think he will have two more years, but I really can't see Loomis not firing him if he doesn't at least win 8 games this year, maybe more.

I'm no fan of DA, but Ditka was much worse and Haslett wasn't much different from DA other than getting lucky one year and then spending the rest of his career getting lucky with Saintsations.

But, I do think there is end in sight. I know people think he will have two more years, but I really can't see Loomis not firing him if he doesn't at least win 8 games this year, maybe more.
Haslett was undoubtedly better than Allen. At least Haslett had some good moments. Allen is better than Ditka, but my argument wasn’t x vs y…it was x had a longer rope and mediocrity approval than y.

Haslett was undoubtedly better than Allen. At least Haslett had some good moments. Allen is better than Ditka, but my argument wasn’t x vs y…it was x had a longer rope and mediocrity approval than y.

Haslett was carried by Mike McCarthy and he got many years of rope. He was HC for 6 years and only had one other winning season with 9 wins. It took five years of frustration and mediocrity to fire him. They didn't even fire him when they found out he got a Saintsation pregnant. They fired Mueller for paying her off to stay quite with Benson's money without permission.

Maybe you could argue Haslett was a bit better than DA, but he got 6 years and DA is at most getting 4 and I think likely only 3. That is unless he somehow turns it around. But DA only has one fewer winning season than Haslett and has 4 fewer years at this point. If Haslett is better it's not by much.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.
So you’re serious about this, it’s not a joke.
Well, Payton leaving a shirtshow behind? A heck of a team that went 9-8 with a mediocre QB plus three third-string replacements?
What about the cap that ML is managing the same way regardless of the coach; what about the awful drafts, that stayed awful after Payton left.
And don’t mind *lots* of players taking a shot at the coaching staff this past year.
You’re the troll. Your nick is a tipical choice by people who make weird takes and can’t get why they’re disliked. Sorry bro, try having a more balanced point of view.

Anyone who continues to support this team with Allen as coach deserves what they get. Career loser and you're letting Mickey gaslight you into thinking this dude can win.

He can't. He never has. He never will.

Every game he coaches and every contract Mickey extends, just keeps the misery going longer.

I was out on Allen as a DC much less a HC so I'm not living and dying with this team. I know the result. Beat some scrub teams. Lose to anyone with a pulse.

No other team in the NFL would allow a coach with as bad a record and as little respected league wide among players as Allen is remain as coach.

Mickey is washed. Allen isn't washed up because you'd have to have at one point not been washed up to be washed up. Allen never was any good.

So you’re serious about this, it’s not a joke.
Well, Payton leaving a shirtshow behind? A heck of a team that went 9-8 with a mediocre QB plus three third-string replacements?
What about the cap that ML is managing the same way regardless of the coach; what about the awful drafts, that stayed awful after Payton left.
And don’t mind *lots* of players taking a shot at the coaching staff this past year.
You’re the troll. Your nick is a tipical choice by people who make weird takes and can’t get why they’re disliked. Sorry bro, try having a more balanced point of view.

Who was the starting QB that was left behind? JW, that has to be a joke. Who was the WR room? Callaway and an injured MT, try again. Who was the in the RB room?AK by himself. Yep, try again. Who were the starting TEs? Crickets. The team left behind wasn't as good as the one you remember.

I have a more balanced point of view, the problem is nobody can say anything halfway decent about DA or criticize SP without the Clowns coming out.

Go back and read my post history, my point of view is pretty balanced. I just give the HC a little more support and it doesn't go over well with all of the DA hate. It's cool, I have thick skin. Clown me all you want. With the amount of clowns you hand out, you'd think it was a reward system and helped with your SR.com rating.

Who was the starting QB that was left behind? JW, that has to be a joke. Who was the WR room? Callaway and an injured MT, try again. Who was the in the RB room?AK by himself. Yep, try again. Who were the starting TEs? Crickets. The team left behind wasn't as good as the one you remember.

I have a more balanced point of view, the problem is nobody can say anything halfway decent about DA or criticize SP without the Clowns coming out.

Go back and read my post history, my point of view is pretty balanced. I just give the HC a little more support and it doesn't go over well with all of the DA hate. It's cool, I have thick skin. Clown me all you want. With the amount of clowns you hand out, you'd think it was a reward system and helped with your SR.com rating.
Nonsense. You blame Payton for issues that are clearly a responsibility of the whole organization (coaches included). You talk like DA must be placed in position to succeed because, poor guy, he was left with a “shirtshow”: nonsense!! 😂
Seems like you didn’t watch the abyss in performance between 2021 and 22.
Also you ignore the *fact* that many players talked against the coaching staff. Because that doesn’t fit your super balanced narrative, does it?
Just Goodells for you today.

Anyone who continues to support this team with Allen as coach deserves what they get. Career loser and you're letting Mickey gaslight you into thinking this dude can win.

He can't. He never has. He never will.

Every game he coaches and every contract Mickey extends, just keeps the misery going longer.

I was out on Allen as a DC much less a HC so I'm not living and dying with this team. I know the result. Beat some scrub teams. Lose to anyone with a pulse.

No other team in the NFL would allow a coach with as bad a record and as little respected league wide among players as Allen is remain as coach.

Mickey is washed. Allen isn't washed up because you'd have to have at one point not been washed up to be washed up. Allen never was any good.
Who hurt you?

Haslett was carried by Mike McCarthy and he got many years of rope. He was HC for 6 years and only had one other winning season with 9 wins. It took five years of frustration and mediocrity to fire him. They didn't even fire him when they found out he got a Saintsation pregnant. They fired Mueller for paying her off to stay quite with Benson's money without permission.

Maybe you could argue Haslett was a bit better than DA, but he got 6 years and DA is at most getting 4 and I think likely only 3. That is unless he somehow turns it around. But DA only has one fewer winning season than Haslett and has 4 fewer years at this point. If Haslett is better it's not by much.
Haslett replaced Ditka, and won our first playoff game without Ditka's star running back and Super Star Wideout Willie Jackson, so by default Loomis assumed he just hired the next Tom Landry. Of course he had a long rope, which only ended because of Katrina. DA replaced Payton and well he's the next Chuck Noll, his rope is going to be just as long, probably longer until the cap is a bit more flexible.

Last edited:
I, too, think that expectations of fans have been....unrealistic.... He'll get his 4th year to prove the team is moving in the right direction under his leadership, and I don't have an issue with that at all.
The Meacom days are nearly forty years removed.
Since then, the worst has been a three year run with Dikta. The rest have been at least 7 wins minus Katrina.
That’s the minimum a large portion of the fanbase knows:

The Meacom days are nearly forty years removed.
Since then, the worst has been a three year run with Dikta. The rest have been at least 7 wins minus Katrina.
That’s the minimum a large portion of the fanbase knows:
My first saints experience was watching the Saints shut out the Cowboys 28 to 0... there was still plenty of sad times after that.

Are you too young to recall the Ditka years? The pre-Finks years? Finks when he refused to work with free agency? The chaos of the Haslet era crowned by a nearly inexplicable playoff win?
To be completely fair to Finks, the type of FA he dealt with was mostly limited, "Plan B Free Agency" that NFL experimented with beginning in the late 80's-early 90's before Reggie White's famous NFLPA case overturned the "Rozelle Rule" restricting unrestricted FA that came about after the 1992 season. Finks was a great GM, shrewd evaluator of talent, but he was also brash, impulsive, wasnt always best communicator and aside from having Fran Tarkenton in Minnesota, didnt believe a SB-CALIBER team needed a great QB. Tarkenton being traded back to Minnesota wasnt his idea, it was Bud Grant correcting former HC Norm van Brocklin's mistake trading Fran to NYG in 1966. Finks was a great GM in Minnesota and New Orleans, but his record in Chicago was very mixed: sure, he drafted Walter Payton and eventually the core of those great 80's Bears defenses, but he also ignored his top scouts pleas to draft Joe Montana in 1979 and refused a trade offer from Oakland before the 1979 season for Kenny Stabler, saying "we're happy with who we have" and the Bears roster of late 70's QB's were awful. Bob Avelini? Vince Evans? Really Finks????? Drafting a great QB of just putting a lot of emphasis on one in general were never big priorities for Jim Finks.

By the time modern NFL era of unrestricted FA had arrived, Finks was mostly out of the game, dying of lung cancer due to a life-long smoking habit and the "three-headed" monster of Mora, Jim Miller, and Bill Kuharich and their inept, bumbling partnership was born. I know for a fact Mora never respected or viewed Kuharich with any sense of deference after his promotion to GM in 1994, he was always an interloper, a bit unprincipled career opportunist and Kuharich never had any real authority to push his views over onto Mora regarding FA or draft-related issues.

I never understood why Benson fired Mueller for covering up a immoral/unethical actions Haslett did and they decided to keep the HC who started the problem in the first place? I know Mueller isn't without some blame here, but let's be honest, he didn't abuse his position of power and authority in the first place by having an extramarital affair with a young cheerleader then be forced to pay her off behind the owner's back?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom