I think DA is Getting Year 4 (4 Viewers)

They certainly aren't acting like a team in 'Win now' mode...
But they are, in a way. They are in "win 9 games per year" mode.

You are certainly right that they are not investing or risking anything to attempt double-digit wins.

I'm basing this on the team's current optics. Hearing things like a soft rebuild, clean up the cap, retool, etc.
Unless things go completely sideways, I think he'll return in 2025. No hyperbole.

I think you're correct. Unless things really bottom out (6 wins or less IMO) he'll be back in 2025. Especially with all the excuses that were made last fall about Carr learning a new offense under Carmichael - we just reset the counter on that so I expect more of the same if the offense has another slow start.

I doubt they will extend DA until they see what next season brings but if 2023 is any indication, it's not a "playoffs or bust" situation. If the team is in the hunt for a wild card in the final weeks DA will get to finish his deal.

All Deciders of the team (owner, GM, coach, staffs) are dedicated to maintain mediocrity.

Mediocrity = everybody keeps their jobs and makes their money.

The fans want more but we are not Deciders - we will keep coming and watching regardless of performance.

Nobody who gets to the NFL level seeks mediocrity. They all want to be great but some fall short. And sooner or later everyone reaches their level of incompetence. For DA that level is head coach. Maybe they are incompetent, but they aren't trying to be mediocre. They just fired the entire offensive staff and hired a new one.

Where did you come up with this bullshirt that the entire organization is "dedicated to maintain mediocrity"?

Last edited:
But they are, in a way. They are in "win 9 games per year" mode.

You are certainly right that they are not investing or risking anything to attempt double-digit wins.

They spent huge money on Derek Carr last year. They are clearly in soft reset mode this year, but people can't cry about how they handle the cap and the lack of flexibility and then cry because they are trying to regain some flexibility. Well, you can cry about both, but it's dumb.

They spent huge money on Derek Carr last year. They are clearly in soft reset mode this year, but people can't cry about how they handle the cap and the lack of flexibility and then cry because they are trying to regain some flexibility. Well, you can cry about both, but it's dumb.

Not entirely true. We have rolled with the decision that ML made. The heck I got to talk about 🦌 for if his name isn’t brought up about whether he is or is not not a good HC? He’s failed 2 out of 2 seasons. No one can objectively look at those 2 seasons and say “yeah, homeboy killed it…..we are in good hands”. If that was the case (and I’ll say it for everyone in the back) then we would NOT be having this discussion again.
And I will say this again, I was 100% supportive of him when he was hired (even though I wanted Pederson). I cited continuity and his familiarity with the team, with how that was probably a good thing. He sold me on the “turkey” talk. Yet all we got in return (the past 2 years) was a lot of wood chopping, reviewing the tape, and a regurgitation of “keep doing what we are doing”. To quote Dave Chapelle…..it’s like Halle Berry farted in my face
I'd actually pay good money for that🤷🏾‍♂️

DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.
This is the most delusional post I have seen in months.

1. How is SP to blame enterally for the state of the Saints after he left. Loomis, Ireland and many more people who where just as important in team building are still in the building. You can't blame the the current Saints team on SP alone, that's idiotic.
2. After SP left the team choose Allen, because they thought the team was still good enough to compete. Allen's first two years where predicated on the fact that even after SP left the team was still really good and had tons of talent. To be honest what your saying does not even make any sense.
3. The Saints are doing a soft rebuild now, not because SP left them in a bad spot, there doing it because they went for it the last two years and failed. SP did not sign Carr, the fact that the Saints are not all in now is indictive of mistakes made post SP.
4. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence just on this board alone that most fans want DA gone.

Its my opinion that the mess the Saints are now is more on ML and DA and the poor choices they have made over the last two seasons.

Nobody who gets to the NFL level seeks mediocrity. They all want to be great but some fall short. And sooner or later everyone reaches their level of incompetence. For DA that level is head coach. Maybe they are incompetent, but they aren't trying to be mediocre. They just fired the entire offensive staff and hired a new one.

Where did you come up with this bullshirt that the entire organization is "dedicated to maintain mediocrity"?
I laughed audibly

This is the most delusional post I have seen in months.

1. How is SP to blame enterally for the state of the Saints after he left. Loomis, Ireland and many more people who where just as important in team building are still in the building. You can't blame the the current Saints team on SP alone, that's idiotic.
2. After SP left the team choose Allen, because they thought the team was still good enough to compete. Allen's first two years where predicated on the fact that even after SP left the team was still really good and had tons of talent. To be honest what your saying does not even make any sense.
3. The Saints are doing a soft rebuild now, not because SP left them in a bad spot, there doing it because they went for it the last two years and failed. SP did not sign Carr, the fact that the Saints are not all in now is indictive of mistakes made post SP.
4. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence just on this board alone that most fans want DA gone.

Its my opinion that the mess the Saints are now is more on ML and DA and the poor choices they have made over the last two seasons.

Who was the QB when SP quit? Who were the WRs, TEs and RBs? Where was this stacked roster? Sure there was some pieces on defense that DA built, but the offense was in shambles.

If they make the playoffs, then he should be back.....if they don't and they do bring DA back, then I agree with others who say the Saints aren't serious about building a contender.....we will see what happens.....

If they make the playoffs, then he should be back.....if they don't and they do bring DA back, then I agree with others who say the Saints aren't serious about building a contender.....we will see what happens.....
I agree with some of your points. I felt they should have moved on after last year but I was willing to give it another year after his first. I think it would be time to move on if he doesn’t win the division or get a WC this year but dont actually think they will. I think if they win 6-7 games, offense improves and defense doesn’t regress they will bring him back.

As for not being serious about winning or being a contender, here is my thoughts.
We aren’t 1-2 players away. I think most agree with that. But at the same time we aren’t a coach away either. We are an overall team in the 7-9 wins range. It sucks. We could eat a ton of dead money and trade some players and fall to 3-5 wins for a year or two in the hopes we gain the draft and cap resources to climb back to the top. That’s the faster option and fans would be okay with it if they saw the light at the end of the tunnel. But there’s the strong likelihood we get stuck there in the 3-5 wins pit for a decade or more. There’s tons of examples of this around the league. Or we could go the longer more of a grind route by doing it slowly. Staying in the 7-9 wins per season range with the possibility of stealing a win or two and sneaking into the playoffs some seasons. The bad thing about this route is it can seem like they aren’t trying or are okay with being mediocre. I don’t think that’s the case. Being in limbo or a borderline good team really sucks for fans. For fans it’s better to either suck and know You blow and have the no hope or be good and have legitimate hope of making the playoffs than to be in the middle. But from a team perspective I think option two is better and seems to be the option we are rolling with.

Side note: for as little success he has actually achieved as HC I do think DA can keep a team like this in the 7-9 wins per season range and not let them slip to 3-5 wins per season. Once we get the team filled out he may surprise us by getting them to 12-13 wins but if he doesn’t and we are still just winning 7-9 games he has to go.

I agree with some of your points. I felt they should have moved on after last year but I was willing to give it another year after his first. I think it would be time to move on if he doesn’t win the division or get a WC this year but dont actually think they will. I think if they win 6-7 games, offense improves and defense doesn’t regress they will bring him back.

As for not being serious about winning or being a contender, here is my thoughts.
We aren’t 1-2 players away. I think most agree with that. But at the same time we aren’t a coach away either. We are an overall team in the 7-9 wins range. It sucks. We could eat a ton of dead money and trade some players and fall to 3-5 wins for a year or two in the hopes we gain the draft and cap resources to climb back to the top. That’s the faster option and fans would be okay with it if they saw the light at the end of the tunnel. But there’s the strong likelihood we get stuck there in the 3-5 wins pit for a decade or more. There’s tons of examples of this around the league. Or we could go the longer more of a grind route by doing it slowly. Staying in the 7-9 wins per season range with the possibility of stealing a win or two and sneaking into the playoffs some seasons. The bad thing about this route is it can seem like they aren’t trying or are okay with being mediocre. I don’t think that’s the case. Being in limbo or a borderline good team really sucks for fans. For fans it’s better to either suck and know You blow and have the no hope or be good and have legitimate hope of making the playoffs than to be in the middle. But from a team perspective I think option two is better and seems to be the option we are rolling with.

Side note: for as little success he has actually achieved as HC I do think DA can keep a team like this in the 7-9 wins per season range and not let them slip to 3-5 wins per season. Once we get the team filled out he may surprise us by getting them to 12-13 wins but if he doesn’t and we are still just winning 7-9 games he has to go.

I totally agree with all of this except I think if they only win 6 or 7 games DA has to go. He will have had 3 years to fix the issues left by Payton and has changed the entire staff and gotten the players he wants. If there are holes (and there are especially on the OL) then they are largely his fault for not working with Loomis to fill them or having Loomis prioritize those holes over other things. I'm willing to give him another shot if he wins 8 and the team looks to be improving but IMO if he wins less than 8, it's really time to move on or you really do have a 4th year with a lame duck coach in the last year of his contract with trouble attracting free agents and possibly issues building a staff.

Will Loomis move on? I don't know. Loomis is incredibly patient which works out sometimes like when he kept Payton through 3 .500 level years, but sometimes he is too patient like he was with Haslet and Carmichael. I think keeping DA after a 7 win or less season would be far too patient.

The thing that is consistent with DA supporters is rolling out records and such with absolutely no context....I think there are a lot of Saints fans who just don't recognize how much of a disaster last season was....the year before the excuse was injuries.....Last year they were relatively healthy, got DA's "guy" at QB, had possibly the softest schedule we will ever see in the weakest division and still couldn't get it done.....To me, that is a firm indictment that our HC is incompetent.....

To the Saints organization? They are going to make changes everywhere, except HC, where ML is determined to show he made the right choice.....We have no choice as fans to see what happens this year.....But after replacing much of the defensive staff, practically all of the offensive staff, multiple players and we don't make the playoffs this coming year? I mean, what is there left really?

It just amazes me that there are fans that are ok with giving DA a 4th year under these circumstances......This is a HC that will have missed the playoffs every year has been a HC, 6 years......why would he deserve another year?

Again, if they make the playoffs, then by all means he deserves to be back....

I honestly think that at the current time this organization has the least direction that it has had during my lifetime. There are certainly times the team has been worse, but never has there been a time that mediocrity has been embraced. I fully expect Allen to be around next year. If he didn’t get fired this year…why next year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom