I think DA is Getting Year 4 (2 Viewers)

I ran a poll after the season and it was over 90% of this forum that felt DA should be fired. So it's Chauncey, Mike, and a handful of fans? That math ain't mathin, fella.

A few posts later, I said I knew it wasn't just a few fans. Funny thing is, DA is still the HC and gaining momentum while the anti-DA fans aren't getting what they want and are just pouting now. Some aren't posting as much and that's good, it keeps the forum/threads less cluttered.

A few posts later, I said I knew it wasn't just a few fans. Funny thing is, DA is still the HC and gaining momentum while the anti-DA fans aren't getting what they want and are just pouting now. Some aren't posting as much and that's good, it keeps the forum/threads less cluttered.

It's the offseason. You think DA has really done anything to gain momentum and win over fans? No. He's still the same guy, and we'll likely still see the same brand of football. You're confusing "DA gaining momentum" with fans giving him yet another chance and taking yet another "wait and see approach" because they don't have a choice and they want the Saints to win football games. Majority of Saints fans still know exactly what kind of coach he is, let's not get that twisted.

Not entirely true. We have rolled with the decision that ML made. The heck I got to talk about 🦌 for if his name isn’t brought up about whether he is or is not not a good HC? He’s failed 2 out of 2 seasons. No one can objectively look at those 2 seasons and say “yeah, homeboy killed it…..we are in good hands”. If that was the case (and I’ll say it for everyone in the back) then we would NOT be having this discussion again.
And I will say this again, I was 100% supportive of him when he was hired (even though I wanted Pederson). I cited continuity and his familiarity with the team, with how that was probably a good thing. He sold me on the “turkey” talk. Yet all we got in return (the past 2 years) was a lot of wood chopping, reviewing the tape, and a regurgitation of “keep doing what we are doing”. To quote Dave Chapelle…..it’s like Halle Berry farted in my face

DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.
A FEW fans?

So basically 2 years on the job and both of them with offensive ineptitude. Yet here we are saying he’s doing a good job.
Maybe we should pull back the DA is good and just label him as average till he actually can prove he is a good coach.
Sean Payton is near-universally admired on this message board as the team’s best-ever coach and his defensive chops were basically nonexistent. All the best defenses we saw in his tenure were when he got out of his coordinators’ way.

Dennis Allen was stuck with an OC who saw ghosts for two years. At least let Kubiak call a game before tearing a muscle jumping to this conclusion.

Sean Payton is near-universally admired on this message board as the team’s best-ever coach and his defensive chops were basically nonexistent. All the best defenses we saw in his tenure were when he got out of his coordinators’ way.

Dennis Allen was stuck with an OC who saw ghosts for two years. At least let Kubiak call a game before tearing a muscle jumping to this conclusion.
I never made any conclusions, DA is an average to bad head coach atm, that’s a fact, his record proves that at this present moment.
Some are saying he is good, all I said was let’s pull back till he proves that. So I am not jumping to any conclusions.
Aswell, DA was not stuck with Pete, DA chose Pete, a failed decision on his part.

Last edited:

You can’t compare anyone to Payton.
He’s in a category that only a handful of coaches get to be in.
Landry. Grant. Madden. Belechick.
Coaches that literally built a franchise.

He won 8 game his first year on the job with QB questions and offensive ineptitude, then proceeded to win 9 games with offensive ineptitude and offensive line problems.

I saw if anything DA has done a good job managing this team through a transition of talent and new leadership and we have a good organization that backs him.

I think this is an optimistic view of DA. I agree with some of this. DA found his QB year 2 and over two years built his coaching staff. Year 3 is make or break.

The lack of talent and cap space to address needs is 100% on Loomis. We keep drafting for need in the 1st because we can’t sign FA starters. Fans got so used to being the “talented” team that we refuse to admit there aren’t enough horses in the stable.

DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.
Usually I agree with your takes, but it’s simply not true that there’s only a few people that have an issue with DA.

Anyone with a football IQ can see he’s been a bad head coach any time he’s been the man (Oakland and here).

Now, I gave the guy enough crap. I’m willing to hit the “soft rebuild” bs on my own feelings and thoughts in regards to just how bad he’s been. I can do that with the hopes that he’ll get better all while understanding it’s not likely as that doesn’t happen all that often.

But, the far majority realize and know he’s been a flat out terrible head coach. There’s a reason any and everyone that ranks head coaches has him in the bottom 5. So let’s not act like what we’ve seen from him as a HC didn’t happen. However, we can all be hopeful for the team and for us that he is surrounded with the people that can help him grow significantly as a HC.

I think we see a worse record this coming year but that doesn’t mean the team will be worse. I want to see better management of the team all around and the product be much better. Last year is unacceptable as just about any other coach in the league wins the division with the roster he was handed. I think he’ll get a pass this coming season as we are very likely not going to be a playoff contender, the following year will tell us all what the future holds for our Saints.

Last edited:
All Deciders of the team (owner, GM, coach, staffs) are dedicated to maintain mediocrity.

Mediocrity = everybody keeps their jobs and makes their money.

The fans want more but we are not Deciders - we will keep coming and watching regardless of performance.

I'm basing this on the team's current optics. Hearing things like a soft rebuild, clean up the cap, retool, etc.
Unless things go completely sideways, I think he'll return in 2025. No hyperbole.
I think I agree with you. They certainly aren't acting like a team in 'Win now' mode...

I think all of these 1 year deals being thrown out to free agents are an effort to give Allen as much support as he can to succeed - with the caveat that the success has to happen in 2024.

You have a bunch of guys on “prove it” deals and a GM that says the coach is the “right man for the job”.

Well…It’s time to collectively “prove it!”

If there isn’t a division crown and a deep playoff run - I think they move on from Allen. Just a gut feeling.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom