Ian Book highlight reel (3 Viewers)

Ian Book is NOT a scrub, by any stretch of the imagination.

Scouts said that Brees would not make it in the NFL because he was "too short." Welp... that didn't age well.

It will be interesting to see how Ian is utilized going forward. I imagine he'll see some playing time if/when the Saints are mathematically eliminated. But my wish (along with most WhoDats) is that he observes the Saints in the 2021 POSTseason, and then sees playing time in the 2022 PREseason.

WhoDat!!!!!

:gosaints:

I like him. I think CSP likes him as well, because he jumped through hoops to keep him on the team this year. If CSP sees a future in him, I'm good with that. If/when CSP decides to play him is up to him, of course, because he "probably" knows better than anyone here how to evaluate a QB.

He was 30-5 at ND, those were all against Syracuse? I know you're just trying to be funny, but you don't win that many games without being good at your position.
Notre Dame's schedule is setup year in year out to ensure that they win at least 9 games per season...they play power 5 teams, but they play the lower tier teams from those conferences w/ a marquee matchup thrown in for good measure.

Notre Dame's schedule is setup year in year out to ensure that they win at least 9 games per season...they play power 5 teams, but they play the lower tier teams from those conferences w/ a marquee matchup thrown in for good measure.
Yeh, Hornung, Montana, and Theismann all sucked coming out of there. You can only play who is on your schedule. If you play well, great, if you don't, then you aren't very good.

Yeh, Hornung, Montana, and Theismann all sucked coming out of there. You can only play who is on your schedule. If you play well, great, if you don't, then you aren't very good.
That was a different era and I'm pretty sure you know that. Riddle me this, what happens every time ND finds themselves in a marquee bowl matchup since 2005?

I'm not against Ian Book, I'm just being real because that most wins argument falls flat when you look at how ND builds their schedule and what happens when ND makes it to either a BCS bowl game or the CFP.

That was a different era and I'm pretty sure you know that. Riddle me this, what happens every time ND finds themselves in a marquee bowl matchup since 2005?

I'm not against Ian Book, I'm just being real because that most wins argument falls flat when you look at how ND builds their schedule and what happens when ND makes it to either a BCS bowl game or the CFP.
I am as far away from a ND fan as anyone can possibly be, and I revel in their yearly suckitude. My point is that he won games. Doesn't matter who they played. If he wasn't good enough to win, he wouldn't have been in there. All of this is moot of course, because none of us know what CSP knows. Neither you nor I are experts in judging or training QBs, or we wouldn't be sitting behind keyboards. If CSP says he has potential, I'm good with that. If CSP never let's him play a down as a starter, I'm good with that as well, because there must be a reason.

What big wins did Patrick Mahomes have in college? He didn't even have a winning record in the Big 12.

What big wins did Josh Allen have in college at Wyoming? Boise St? Utah St?

What big wins did Kyler Murray have? Against SC while at TAMU? Against WVU at OU? He played Bama and lost.

He was 30-5 at ND, those were all against Syracuse? I know you're just trying to be funny, but you don't win that many games without being good at your position.
I think you're reading too much into it. It was just a joke about how he seems to have Syracuse number in a lot of those highlights. No Book hate.

What big wins did Patrick Mahomes have in college? He didn't even have a winning record in the Big 12.

What big wins did Josh Allen have in college at Wyoming? Boise St? Utah St?

What big wins did Kyler Murray have? Against SC while at TAMU? Against WVU at OU? He played Bama and lost.
Yeah, but those guys weren't being touted as winners as their sole attribute they bring to the table in the NFL, they all had a tangible asset (arm strength, big play ability, etc) that got them to the pros...so I can't hang their W-Ls record on them like we do for the "game winner" Ian Book.

The next guy @ ND is 10-1, so its either he has it as well or there isn't much a dropoff from Book to this guy.

Yeah, but those guys weren't being touted as winners as their sole attribute they bring to the table in the NFL, they all had a tangible asset (arm strength, big play ability, etc) that got them to the pros...so I can't hang their W-Ls record on them like we do for the "game winner" Ian Book.

The next guy @ ND is 10-1, so its either he has it as well or there isn't much a dropoff from Book to this guy.

I must have missed it, but I don't believe anyone is just touting Book as being a winner as his only attribute. He checked all the blocks on Parcels QB checklist and CSP is from the Parcels tree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom