Ian Book highlight reel (1 Viewer)

He was 30-5 at ND, those were all against Syracuse? I know you're just trying to be funny, but you don't win that many games without being good at your position.
Not trying to argue, but there is a very long list of college QBs with huge winning percentages, playing for great teams at that level, then coming into the NFL and failing to become successful starters. And most of the guys I am talking about are first rd QBs.

So technically speaking, it is actually pretty common for a guy playing for a college superpower and racking up a lot of Ws again inferior opponents, to never evolve into a successful NFL starting QB.

And you'll never find an Alabama, Florida, Auburn or an Ohio St, Mich St, Penn St gauntlet on NDs schedule.
Ill never understand why pundits will knock on a school from a major conference playing a couple cupcake teams. Its just the reality of college football.
Not trying to argue, but there is a very long list of college QBs with huge winning percentages, playing for great teams at that level, then coming into the NFL and failing to become successful starters. And most of the guys I am talking about are first rd QBs.

So technically speaking, it is actually pretty common for a guy playing for a college superpower and racking up a lot of Ws again inferior opponents, to never evolve into a successful NFL starting QB.
Colt McCoy and Vince Young are the Kings of that. McCoy when he went to the NFL was the all time leader in wins. But with McCoy i knew when he got drafted high he wouldn't succeed, as a career starter anyways. He had a very weak arm in College.

Notre Dame's schedule is setup year in year out to ensure that they win at least 9 games per season...they play power 5 teams, but they play the lower tier teams from those conferences w/ a marquee matchup thrown in for good measure.
I don't think you understand how scheduling works.

Book appears to be a “plus” in every category except height (and perhaps arm strength), although he doesn’t seem to be “elite” at any of them.

Given the right coach and team makeup, that could very well be exactly what a highly talented, but cap stressed team might want as a QB for a couple of years.

Book may very well be Coach’s backup plan. In case Winston kept throwing picks, in case Hill kept fumbling and taking huge sacks, in case Trevor just couldn’t step his game up far enough.

I personally liked the Book pick & was a fan of his all throughout last years draft process. Dude is a legit winner & is gutty as all hell. He may not project as an true franchise QB1, but if there’s a ever been a guy to defy the odds, it’s Ian Book. Worst case scenario, i think he evolves into a high end QB2.

Man, from the first page, y'all really know how to wind each other up.

Somewhere on youtube someone made a video f all of ND pass plays. You saw the good, bad and the ugly that you don't normally see in highlights. One thing I remember was how bad ND's OL was at pass protecting. Book did a good job of evading the rush and making something happen though. After watching those videos I like the pick a lot. There is a potential there.

-----

All, I love you guys, but lets leave Ian Book where he is.................on the bench. At least for this season, if he is any good he will come into camp next year and win the job. Putting him in the game at any point this year with those WRs is asking for his confidence to be broken.

Notre Dame's schedule is setup year in year out to ensure that they win at least 9 games per season...they play power 5 teams, but they play the lower tier teams from those conferences w/ a marquee matchup thrown in for good measure.
Ian Book has beaten the #1 # 2 #4 teams in the nation. He beat #1 Clemson (#1 Defense) in a shoot out with out Trevor Lawrence though. For comparison, Zach Wilson (2nd over all pick) played six ranked teams and only beat two.

Here's what I want to know: Which QB, and at what cost, makes the most sense for the Saints over the next ~3 years?

Winston @ $12m/yr (this is an assumption based on a sample size that was limited, odd, & successful first 7 games of this season)
Hill @ $10m/yr
Book @ $1m/yr

Here's what I want to know: Which QB, and at what cost, makes the most sense for the Saints over the next ~3 years?

Winston @ $12m/yr (this is an assumption based on a sample size that was limited, odd, & successful first 7 games of this season)
Hill @ $23.75m/yr
Book @ $1m/yr
FIFY Hill's new contract w/ full time QB incentives

Ian Book has beaten the #1 # 2 #4 teams in the nation. He beat #1 Clemson (#1 Defense) in a shoot out with out Trevor Lawrence though. For comparison, Zach Wilson (2nd over all pick) played six ranked teams and only beat two.
Winston Went to two national championships, winning one, and has beaten Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in his career.

I must have missed it, but I don't believe anyone is just touting Book as being a winner as his only attribute. He checked all the blocks on Parcels QB checklist and CSP is from the Parcels tree.
Holy hell reading that scared me. I hope he didn’t check the ‘TLL’ Parcells box!

Hill @ $10m/yr
Book @ $1m/yr
Winston.

Arm Talent and improv skills of a number #1 overall pick and still younger than 30.

Not even a competition, IMO.

You re-sign Winston and focus on re-tooling the offense in the offseason and in the draft.

Everyone wants a wr but I think that Trey McBride is probably the best playmaker in the first round that they have a shot at.

Guys like wrs Jahan Dotson and Romeo Doubs will be around in rounds 2-3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom