Ian Book highlight reel (2 Viewers)

Winston Went to two national championships, winning one, and has beaten Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in his career.
He has also beat 2 division leaders GB- 10/3 and NE - 9/4. On a side note, look at how many division leaders we have played....GB, NE, Bucs (twice), Titian's , Cowboys. We are a very good team w/ all hands on deck.

I personally liked the Book pick & was a fan of his all throughout last years draft process. Dude is a legit winner & is gutty as all hell. He may not project as an true franchise QB1, but if there’s a ever been a guy to defy the odds, it’s Ian Book. Worst case scenario, i think he evolves into a high end QB2.
Yeah but we are in search of our next true OB1. He has been inactive most of the year. I don't think the team feels he is ready or capable of winning games for now. Although Siemen has been bad, the team will still stick with him regardless. Not going to put a raw rookie out there just to see what he got.

Yeah but we are in search of our next true OB1. He has been inactive most of the year. I don't think the team feels he is ready or capable of winning games for now. Although Siemen has been bad, the team will still stick with him regardless. Not going to put a raw rookie out there just to see what he got.
That and the fact Hill has a finger injury and Book still is inactive, the way this season is going Book has no real help on offense and would get killed so Payton is going with his known commodities rather than his unknown commodity in Book.

The Syracuse joke is relevant because if you start Book now, he'll be going against NFL caliber LBs, DBs, D-Lineman and coaches. 90% of the guys he went up against in college will never sniff a NFL practice squad.

That said, what do you get / lose by putting him out there, behind a beat up O-Line & a receiving core that has a hard time catching balls that hit them in their hands? What will coaches be able to evaluate that they aren't already able to see from him in practice against our guys on D? What kind of experience is he going to get from a meaningless exhibition game that he's not getting in practice?

If you are high on his upside, and you're trying to keep him under wraps...I think you just finish out the season with Hill and see how the competition goes in the offseason.
Agree, but will add that a lot of things hinge on practice. Practice time is precious, and I'm sure Payton doesn't have time to study the starting QB until he is satisfied, much less the 3rd QB. Changing QBs takes a huge commitment or throwing in the towel.

Book doesn't have anything to prove this season since he's a 4th round pick and not a 1st round where the entire franchise future depends on him not being a bust. CSP/ML are playing the long game.

That and the fact Hill has a finger injury and Book still is inactive, the way this season is going Book has no real help on offense and would get killed so Payton is going with his known commodities rather than his unknown commodity in Book.
I agree AND Book is not a totally unknown commodity to Payton. He has been watching/charting every throw and every decision Book has made in every practice.

If Payton thought Book was ready for more than running the scout team, he would make him the backup so Book could get reps running the install.

I want to see him play. At this point we drafted him so why not. I don’t see tay being our perm qb. Hard to pay that much for that total 200 offensive yards. He’s great as a runner wildcat offensive but too inconsistent as a pocket passer.

I want to see him play. At this point we drafted him so why not. I don’t see tay being our perm qb. Hard to pay that much for that total 200 offensive yards. He’s great as a runner wildcat offensive but too inconsistent as a pocket passer.
Nope...play Taysom till the wheels fall off.

He executed last nights gameplan to wear down Tampa's offense to perfection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom