If Grant wants top 5 money (1 Viewer)

One thing is for damn sure.
Without good Defensive players we damn
sure will never be a winning team!

There is a old saying...you get what you pay for!!!
Grant is one of the best DE in the NFL!!!

Grant is a GOOD player. No way is he a GREAT player. To compare him to Peppers is blatant B&G homerism. I do not ever remember any talk about teams game-planning for how they are going to handle Charles Grant. Just doesn't happen. Like I said earlier, I like Charles Grant, he is a valuable contributor, but he's just a good solid NFL DE...that's it. No more...no less

MLU: Burgess doesn't rush the passer? In his first full year of starting last year he had 16 sacks, and has 8 this year in 10 games, playing for a team that's almost always trailing, and sees fewer pass attempts.

That's my fault. When I was typing Burgess I was thinking Greg Spires for some reason. I was too busy packing and trying to catch the FSU/UF game and this too I guess...

Using Pro Bowls for a comparison is a fine line. Stick Grant in Boston and Seymour in NOLA and Seymour doesn't have those Pro Bowl appearances I bet. Grant was snubbed at least once that I remember off the top of my head.

I don't think Pro Bowls are a fine line when you go so consistently. Yes, he plays for the Pats, but they don't send all of them to Hawaii. I think he's a big reason that they're so good so often. And guys do get there to some degree on rep, but sometimes reps are deserved, and obviously a lot of players seem to think he should go every year. What makes his Pro Bowl regularity even more telling, IMO, is that he does it without massive sack totals; people, including his peers, recognize his overall strength and his ability to switch between a 4-3 DT and a 3-4 DE. He's just good.

And if you meant to type Spires, I agree, he's not even on my list.

Just like Michael Vick's peers recognize he's such an outstanding QB?

Come one, man. The Pro Bowl has been a joke for some time now. It's an excuse to add an incentive to your contract moreso than a gauge of who the best of the best really are. No one ever watches the Pro Bowl anymore, if anyone ever really did.

I'm out. I'll let someone else have the last word. I feel that I have made my case pretty well. Thanks for the replies...

All-Pro is the only one that means anything. I believe it is purely voted on by the players only. There is no NFC or AFC either if I am correct. Just the best at each position.

I agree that Charles Grant isn't worth top 5 or even top 10 money. What's so great about 6-7 sacks a year and no playoffs? I have made it a point of watching Grant and I continually see him getting blocked out of plays in the running game and blocked wide on pass plays. Now that's not all the time but it's at least 80- 85% of the game. I don't know how to find stats, but I would believe that if you checked stats that Charles Grant isn't in the top 5 or 10 DE's in the game. Every year since his second year everyone including coaches have said that we need Grant to step up and play to his potential this year but he never does, he never seems to get over the top.

So wait, it's Grant's fault now that we don't make the playoffs? I don't know whether to laugh or get upset................ you could've fully solved and explained the Bermuda Triangle mystery and after saying something like that, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

His quotes in the official site says it all. I dont even think he blew most of the containments but he puts it on himself. Thats a leader. I hope we do whats necessary to keep him a Saint

DE Charles Grant on being a bit of a 'spy' on Vick today: "He (Vick) got 100 hundred and some yards on me. Jeez. Coach talked about containing Vick all week. So, I need to go back and look at film and make adjustments myself. Against a guy like that, we must have outside contain. I put that all on me. But we were able to bounce back. We play as a team. I had some mental breakdowns and it cost us 60 or 70 yards by Vick

y'all mentioned some players now on IR. if they are able to play, can they play post season? or does IR prevent them from playing post as well as regular season?

His quotes in the official site says it all. I dont even think he blew most of the containments but he puts it on himself. Thats a leader. I hope we do whats necessary to keep him a Saint

DE Charles Grant on being a bit of a 'spy' on Vick today: "He (Vick) got 100 hundred and some yards on me. Jeez. Coach talked about containing Vick all week. So, I need to go back and look at film and make adjustments myself. Against a guy like that, we must have outside contain. I put that all on me. But we were able to bounce back. We play as a team. I had some mental breakdowns and it cost us 60 or 70 yards by Vick

Hopefully he doesn't ask for a ridiculous amount of money because I really want him back.

By his own admission, he can't cover Vick so hopefully he'll take less. j/k I hope we find a way to keep him. Hopefully our success this season will make him easier to make a deal with.

y'all mentioned some players now on IR. if they are able to play, can they play post season? or does IR prevent them from playing post as well as regular season?

They are inactive for any football game for which they would receive a paycheck. It's becoming an increasingly bad idea, but whatever.

hmm, always hear how great will smith and charles grant are... but,
when is the last time the saints led the lead in sacks or were known as run stuffers... I'd be happy if they were true run stuffers.. but I really can't see that.

something we did fairly well the 1st 3.8 games against the run.
Then it started being an achilles heal.

We'd be stupid to let Grant go and create another hole in a D that is so close to being completed. No steps backward. We will have the money, especially with the new salary cap increases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom