If he is there, do you draft McFadden? (1 Viewer)

The answer to this question is the same as it was back in 2006 when we drafted Reggie.... you ask for a King's ransom in trade if he is there at 10... and if no one puts up... you take him. Everyone knows we need defense... but this FO doesn't draft for need. If McFadden is there at 10 (Which I don't see happening) then he will be the BPA.... and they will take him if they don't get offered a Mega-Trade.

Since we're playing the unlikely hypothetical game a tougher question would be if Dorsey and McFadden are both available at #10 who do you take?
That's a slam dunk - Dorsey.

i don't think he's there at 10, but if he is you have to try to deal the pick for the best you can... if you don't get what you think it's worth, you have to pick dmac... he would by far be the bpa @ #10 and you can't afford to pass that up

I'd say there's no way he makes it 10, but IF he does, I think we trade back. The only reason I say that, is because that would mean pretty much all the top defensive prospects would be gone.

That's not an easy question.

If there aren't any of the top defensive prospects left, we'd probably be best served taking him, unless somebody offers a mega deal. Even if there are still a few prospects on the board, it's a matter of what somebody offers for the spot and the marginal value of McFadden against whatever defensive prospects are there.

I won't say no and I won't say yes. It'd have to be based on the whole situation.

That's a slam dunk - Dorsey.

But don't you have to ask yourself why he slipped out of the top 5?

My thought is the only reason Dorsey would be available is if something major happened to drop his value between now and draft day such as a serious injury or maybe a legal/conduct/substance abuse question.

My thought is McFadden could drop out of the top ten for less such as putting on too much weight or running the 40 in the mid to high 4.4s. A RB of this caliber (think Adrian Peterson or LT) is enough to build a franchise around.

mcfadden wont last for pick 5 *** makes you think he would be there for pick 10:smilielol:

He won't be there, but absolutely you do- you always take the best player available.

But don't you have to ask yourself why he slipped out of the top 5?

My thought is the only reason Dorsey would be available is if something major happened to drop his value between now and draft day such as a serious injury or maybe a legal/conduct/substance abuse question.

My thought is McFadden could drop out of the top ten for less such as putting on too much weight or running the 40 in the mid to high 4.4s. A RB of this caliber (think Adrian Peterson or LT) is enough to build a franchise around.
All of this is hypothetical, so the same can be said for any of the top 3 players slipping. So, yes, you are correct, there would be a question of "why?" but I was just answering the question as posed.

I'd pick Mcfadden also @10 if he was still there. We can play Bush like we did his first year. For 11 games this year, Bush has had his chance to be the #1 guy and I don't think he delivered a 100 yard rushing game yet. Insert P. Thomas and in his first game, he got 100 yards vs Chicago. We are not 1 or 2 rookie defensive players away from contending. I only say this because I think Deuce will not be back with us. If we do pick him @ 10, then the rest of the draft had better be defense.

McFadden will be drafted in 1-5 spots, no way he will last till the 10th pick unless it is another Rickey williams trade. beside we have many many holes in defense, no way you can address all your defensive major needs in the FA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom