If he is there, do you draft McFadden? (1 Viewer)

There's no way that he'll be there at 10 but if he is,
you sure as heck better take him. That's an easy one.

If he's there--:cool: just trade down but not too far and get another 1st rd pick out of the deal

He won't be. But for the sake of discussion, if Darren McFadden was there at 10, I'd try to trade the pick to the Cowboys for their two first round picks. Jerry Jones is in love with D-Mac, and I think he'd be crazy enough to do it.

not just both 1st round picks he'll give us two more picks

not just both 1st round picks he'll give us two more picks

for #10? if for #1, then jerrah would throw everything to get dmac...

the draft pick chart, anybody got that? i think 2 1st rounders would be enough..

for #10? if for #1, then jerrah would throw everything to get dmac...

the draft pick chart, anybody got that? i think 2 1st rounders would be enough..

Well the Cowboys draft pick is still up in the air, but right now they are at #22 and #31 which together is slightly better than #10. So we would be equal with us giving up #10 and our 4th rounder for their two first round picks. I would take that in a heartbeat, but I don't think there's anyway for McFadden to fall to us, then have the Cowboys trade up.

Yes there is. When the scouts start REALLY picking him apart, they'll see that he ran behind the best offensive line in the country with other backs who averaged well over the national average. He's almost exclusively a north-south runner... no real cutback ability that you associate with elite running backs, and he runs way too upright.

He's a slightly faster version of Eddie George, and Eddie George was not worth a 1st round pick when you look at his per carry average. McFadden may be, but he's certainly not the top 10 lock everyone seems to think he is.

Rashard Mendenhall put up better numbers this season on a WAY lesser ball club behind a line that couldn't put a single starter on Arkansas' roster.

McFadden may not be a top 10 lock, but "ran behind the best offensive line in the country" is a bold statement. I also think it's possible that the other backs had good ypc averages because of the threat McFadden posed as the option QB in their "wild hog" formation.

Rashard Mendenhall certainly looks like a great back, but saying that Illinois couldn't put a single starter on Arkansas' roster is a little exaggerated. Illinois probably didn't deserve the Rose Bowl, but they certainly weren't terrible. And it's not like Arkansas was SO great this year.

And I don't think a fast Eddie George is a bad thing at all, in fact, that's quite scary. Why wasn't George worth a first round pick? I don't think the Titans regret taking Eddie George in the 1st round...I know there are a lot of teams that regret NOT taking him.

Deuce will not play in another regular season game for the Saints.

I appreciate all our LSU fans, although I am not in that number. I apologize to you to bring this up, but McFadden was amazing against LSU. Although, I admit that Dorsey was playing on one leg in that game. With that said...if McFadden was to be there at #10 I think we should trade down if we can. As amazing as McFadden is, I'm pretty sure it would take him at least 2 or 3 years to even become an adequate cornerback. Our War Room needs hall monitors to smack anybody who even suggests a player playing any position that doesn't have the word "defensive" in it somewhere.

There is a very good chance McFadden will be there.

The chances of McFadden being available at # 10 are slim and none. I don't think the Saints have to worry about that. What they do have to worry about are defenders who can cover, tackle, and rush the passer; neither of which they have right now.

If McFadden was avaliable at 10, there'd be 22 teams that'd want to talk to you about a trade, foremost among them being the Cowboys.

212 lb RB with 4.3 speed dropping to 10? Unlikely....

Since we're playing the unlikely hypothetical game a tougher question would be if Dorsey and McFadden are both available at #10 who do you take?

That's not a tough question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom