N/S If it's okay to bring up Joe Burrow now that he's been drafted.. (1 Viewer)

The way that I understand it, if they decide to suspend the season, Burrow could simply not sign the contract and re-enter the draft next year.

If that would happen, he would likely end up being drafted at No.1 by the Bengals again. :hihi:

It will be much harder for the Saints to move up from 32 in the next draft.

This is interesting. Would he potentially be running the risk of losing money? If the salary cap goes down next year so would the rookie pay scale. If he signs this year and they suspend the season, he'd at least start getting paid on today's rookie scale next season. Where if he does it next year, he's in the same spot, but potentially with a smaller contract.

I'm sure his agent has put more thought into this than I have, and knows the details better, but seems a bit risky.

Its not gonna happen but if we're talking hypotheticals here

There is absolutely no way in hell he would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

He'd be either the #1 or #2 pick, depending on how scouts feel about Trevor Lawrence. You're talking a scenario where nobody played football. Therefore no new game film, no more experience for anyone. We'd just be frozen in time as of the end of the 2019 NFL and college season, and Burrow is still the top or the 2nd top QB in the 2021 megaclass.

The way that I understand it, if they decide to suspend the season, Burrow could simply not sign the contract and re-enter the draft next year.

If that would happen, he would likely end up being drafted at No.1 by the Bengals again. :hihi:

It will be much harder for the Saints to move up from 32 in the next draft.

Because of the freak nature of this season with so many unknowns, I suspect that the NFL will put in place a temporary set of rules for this season alone. They really can't have players hijacking teams who spent top draft capital on them who the teams view as key to their success going forward. And if Goodell can screw the Saints in the process, we know what will happen......lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom