N/S If it's okay to bring up Joe Burrow now that he's been drafted.. (1 Viewer)

If he doesn't sign wih the Bengals he will have to sit out and rejoin the draft next year likely as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Meaning he gets much less. That is not going to happen.

I just find it hard to believe Burrow would suddenly drop that far in one season. It's not like he suddenly becomes a worse player because he sat out a season. He'd get drafted in the top half of the first round next draft, if not higher. He'll still be a top 2 or 3 qb next draft imo.

Only chance on earth of Burrow being a Saints will come years from now. And the only way it won't cost us an arm and a leg is if he plays absolutely terrible or gets hurt a ton. In which case, the zeitgeist will say not to go after him at all.

He plays well? He'll cost more than anyone wants to pay to get him.

He gets hurt a bunch or plays poorly? People will say not to bother. He's a bust. Overhyped. Etc. etc.

Not sure id the season is canceled but in a normal year where a draft pick doesn't sign with the team that drafts him prior to week 10, he has to re-enter the draft and the team that drafted him can not draft him again. the only time I know of that this hjas happened was when the Bucs drafted Bo. he refused to sign and went to baseball. the following year the Raiders drafted him him as a flyer and Al talked him into taking a contract that let him play for the Royals until they were elimanated for playoff contention. At that point he would play football.
I didn't realize the Raiders used a 7th round pick to take the chance that he might change his mind and play football.

What a coup.

If he doesn't sign wih the Bengals he will have to sit out and rejoin the draft next year likely as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Meaning he gets much less. That is not going to happen.

Its not gonna happen but if we're talking hypotheticals here

There is absolutely no way in hell he would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I found it interesting to read that so far Joe is leaving the $24 million signing bonus unclaimed as he holds off putting his name on the Bengals' contract (for now).
Of course we all know he's going to sign with them... right??? :scratch:
:hihi:

Of course, it is. For a rookie player to not run to sign a contract with $24 mil guaranteed tells a lot. The insider that Burrow was trying to pull an Eli/Elway looks much more real with this unsigning. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire or a bunch of pot smokers- lol

And to not bring up Burrow out of fear for the 10% or less haters who terrorized the Burrow threads is like agreeing with the idiots marching on state capitals with weapons, no mask masks and no social distancing. Just idiotic. But are we going to let the 5% to 10% jerks rule what we want to discuss on SR? I pray not.

Are we Saints fans cowards who will hide from insecure small minorities? I think not. We are Who dats and we have ballz.

I didn't realize the Raiders used a 7th round pick to take the chance that he might change his mind and play football.

What a coup.

Again, does anybody think a pro team will waste any pick unless there is some real substance to Burrow not wanting to play in Cincy? The Saints-Burrow shipped sailed. We are all in to win the SB this year now that Brees has resigned. But burrow is looking for amy way to not play in QB hell, Cincy when he wants to be HOF

And to not bring up Burrow out of fear for the 10% or less haters who terrorized the Burrow threads is like agreeing with the idiots marching on state capitals with weapons, no mask masks and no social distancing. Just idiotic. But are we going to let the 5% to 10% jerks rule what we want to discuss on SR? I pray not.

Are we Saints fans cowards who will hide from insecure small minorities? I think not. We are Who dats and we have ballz.
I suppose the story would actually mean something if it weren't for the fact that 31 other first round picks are doing the exact same thing right now.
No one has a clue right now what the 2020 season is going to bring. Unless Joe just needs to start buying stuff for the basement at his folks' place, it looks like he is simply doing what all the other picks are doing right now... keeping their options open.

Again, does anybody think a pro team will waste any pick unless there is some real substance to Burrow not wanting to play in Cincy? The Saints-Burrow shipped sailed. We are all in to win the SB this year now that Brees has resigned. But burrow is looking for amy way to not play in QB hell, Cincy when he wants to be HOF

I love you Swimmer. I may be in the 10% (but I am not a hater), but these discussions make this board fun. Lord I miss those Burrow/Pete threads, if not for the shear entertainment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom