IF "Little Animal" stays... (1 Viewer)

Just saw it on FOX Sports... I would have liked him to have declared. Just to take up an extra spot.. But its still Phillips,Rivers, Connor for me. Maybe an Ellis if he slides.

DeSean Jackson aka Steve Smith 2.0 (if he decideds to leave)

Don't be surprised if that happens.

DeSean Jackson aka Steve Smith 2.0 (if he decideds to leave)

Don't be surprised if that happens.

Wouldn't be a bad idea IF we fill our defensive holes with good free agents... and not 3rd tier bums like we normally get... I'd love to have Jackson as a kick returner/slot guy... hopefully meach can turn into a solid #2 with his size, speed, and RAC ability.

That's four Ohio State underclassmen staying put. Interesting. I have to believe that they're staying because they all hurt their respective draft positions after the poor showing OSU had in the title game and they all want another shot at the BCS.

The draft got a little more strategic now.

With the #10 pick in the 2008 draft, the N.O. Saints select KEITH RIVERS LB USC!!!!!

HECK YES!!!!

Anyone think Keith Rivers will have a great combine and go Top 10 like Ernie Sims a few years ago?

He possibly could.

If he runs say a low 4.4 or perhaps even a 4.5, then he will def shoot up the draft board.

I wouldn't mind picking him either. He has the size, smarts, tackling ability, and work ethic to succeed at the next level.

I can see Rivers definitely being in play for a top 10 pick. He's very good and with a solid off-season, can solidify a top 10 grade. As of right now, my defensive choices for the Saints are as follow:

Glenn Dorsey
Sedrick Ellis
Keith Rivers
Kenny Phillips

trade down

I'll be keeping my eye on Cason from Arizona. I think he'll pass Jenkins due to Jenkins' off the field troubles.

With the #10 pick in the 2008 draft, the N.O. Saints select KEITH RIVERS LB USC!!!!!

HECK YES!!!!

We already drafted a primadonna from USC with a top 10 draft pick. I am not sure if many of you watched the Rose Bowl, but many of the USC players were very classless with about 4 unsportsmanlike/personal foul penalties as a result.

I'll pass and take Phillips instead.

i think ellis goes to the bengals and we take phillips, we need a playmaker in the secondary

Jacob Hester. :hihi:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h_X8p_AfRQXFxseHfhS_KOAYDWNQD8U5UVR80

"COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two-time All-America linebacker James Laurinaitis will stay at Ohio State for his senior year.

"After a long thought process and strategic evaluation of the pros and cons of this decision with my close family and friends, I've decided to stay at Ohio State," Laurinaitis said in a statement issued by the school.

Laurinaitis, a 6-foot-3, 244-pounder from Hamel, Minn., won the 2007 Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker and the 2006 Nagurski Award as the top defensive player in college football."

So, now that the thread title is correct ;), if we can't get Phillips or Ellis and we don't get a good offer to trade down, I think Keith Rivers is the guy. I'm a big fan of his and think that he can be just the type of impact player that our D needs. That being said, Jonathan Goff and Shawn Crable are 2 pretty good 2nd round prospects, so maybe LB isn't the way to go. Mike Jenkins might be the guy and don't rule out an offensive player like DeSean Jackson or even Ryan Clady. Ultimately, if it feels like we'd be reaching for a defender and there's a good value offensive player on the board, as poor as our defense has been, a mediocre prospect isn't going to help us much, so maybe BPA will be the key. I would hope we trade down a good 10 picks or so and pick up Connor or even Crable, but we'll see what happens.

you are going to call Reggie a Pre-madonna?? wow, that is unbelievable to me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom