Ingram benched [OLD THREAD BUMPED] (6 Viewers)

Alabama smacked up LSU again, so I doubt we'll see any Ingram praise around here.

Alabama smacked up LSU again, so I doubt we'll see any Ingram praise around here.

Hey, LSU gave them the best game they had and lost. I can deal with that. It was 0-0 after three quarters. The better team won in the 4th quarter.

Ingram has been a total team player ever since arriving in New Orleans and I'm really glad he performed like he did yesterday. He knows he deserved his benching after fumbling the ball away in back to back games in very important positions and knows that gets you benched. He's been playing this game for a long time now.

I've always backed all Saints players and Ingram is no different. He left it all on the field and deserves to be recognized for it.

The whole team played well yesterday. Like a team that's learning how to win when they're ahead instead of one that loses focus in the 4th quarter and lets the other team back into the game.

WHO DAT!

Lit a fire under him. Good.

Let's see if he performs like a 1st rounder the rest of the year. I hope he does.

I think you're projecting. I think 99% of Saints fans don't give a rip where players are from, and you're among that small group.

Lit a fire under him. Good.

Let's see if he performs like a 1st rounder the rest of the year. I hope he does.

The performance of late 1st Rd/early 2nd Rd RBs varies. Ingram actually compares fairly well against RBs chosen in his spot in the past several years. Especially considering the type of offense we run. Some guys chosen near Ingram's spot in the past 5 or 6 years aren't even in the league.

Mods lets play a game where you do all the work, ok? lol

After my post the next person that types the words Ingram and motivation in the same sentence gets banned for a week....deal?:hihi:

I think you're projecting. I think 99% of Saints fans don't give a rip where players are from, and you're among that small group.

I think you should stick to mediocre football takes and leave the armchair psychology to someone else.

I'll say this... I like the role's they played yesterday. Hightower is just much more of a load at 6'1 220 than Ingram is at 5'9 215. Having Hightower battering Ram guys and then Ingram work the goaline/3rd down/ spell snaps was a good combination. Worked for both of them.

The performance of late 1st Rd/early 2nd Rd RBs varies. Ingram actually compares fairly well against RBs chosen in his spot in the past several years. Especially considering the type of offense we run. Some guys chosen near Ingram's spot in the past 5 or 6 years aren't even in the league.

Interesting...

1 30 30 Jahvid Best Lions California
2 4 36 Dexter McCluster Chiefs Mississippi

1 28 28 Mark Ingram Saints Alabama
2 6 38 Ryan Williams Cardinals Virginia Tech

1 31 31 Doug Martin Buccaneers Boise State
1 32 32 David Wilson Giants Virginia Tech

none

none

2 4 36 T.J. Yeldon Jaguars Alabama

2 14 45 Derrick Henry Titans Alabama

I found that Ingram finally ran with patience. He didn't just charge holes that weren't there. Several plays he waited for something to develop.

And Jahri Evan made some nice blocks, yesterday.

Not normally a told you so kind of guy, but I think Ingram gets a lot of unwarranted hate when Sean is the one that abandons the run.

I think Ingram is a good player, he's a great blocker in Pass Pro and any play in the playbook can be run with him in the game, buuuuuuuut........

The guy lacks vision and has ABSOLUTELY NO BURST!!! He is just no threat when he hits the hole and gets to the second level, which would be ok if he had great vision and always got 5-7 yds when he touched the ball, but unfortunately he gets bottled up at the line more often than not.

I think there is a place for him in the rotation if he can hold onto the ball, but he should definitely not be getting the lion's share of the carries. It doesn't bode well for him that Lasco, a much cheaper option, has a similar or better skillset and is a phenomenal blocker as a rookie.

I have come to eat my crow fried and covered in bbq sauce.... :covri:

Ingram ran like a man possessed on Sunday and it was a welcome sight to behold. He definitely showed GOOD BURST and vision!! :worthy:

Funny how Ingram and Hightower's runs sort of mirrored the others prior to the benching....:scratch:

Hopefully that fire and determination is a permanent addition to Ingram's running style. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom