Interior of the Saints offensive line got beat (1 Viewer)

I can answer this one... They kept an extra blocker in at all times, Gronk, A RB, or they threw quickly...Teams were allowed to hold much more this season, as holding penalties were down 70%!! Also, unlike the last time we played them they had Ali Marpet who is a talented guard.

All that being said, if you think we got mauled in the pass game you should go back and watch Jensen’s (their center) thorough and utter destruction of “Thor”, It looked like a high school kid bullying the fork out of a 4th grader. It was the most embarrassing game film I’ve seen on a Saints player in 15 years.
We didn't adjust. I don't know if Allen was hesitant to blitz Brady or what. Although, the offensive turnovers cannot be underestimated. They had the momentum after the Cook fumble and we never got it back. We have a good, not great D.

Every offensive line in the NFL is constantly being rebuilt. OL players last a while, but their peak years are very short.

OL didn't lose this game. A fumble that prevented us from going up two scores did. Absent that, the roles would be reversed, we would have been sack hunting on defense and running on offense and Brady would likely have had 3 picks.

I heard Detiller on the radio yesterday saying this is indeed the plan heading into next season
It’s so odd how tiny Ruiz looks.
Well...we are stuck with what we have. Ruiz is a 1st round pick, and Peat is under contract forever.

The truth is that Brees use to overcome lapses by the OL...the OL isn't going to win EVERY play.
He always made em look a bit better than they were imo.
I can answer this one... They kept an extra blocker in at all times, Gronk, A RB, or they threw quickly...Teams were allowed to hold much more this season, as holding penalties were down 70%!! Also, unlike the last time we played them they had Ali Marpet who is a talented guard.

All that being said, if you think we got mauled in the pass game you should go back and watch Jensen’s (their center) thorough and utter destruction of “Thor”, It looked like a high school kid bullying the fork out of a 4th grader. It was the most embarrassing game film I’ve seen on a Saints player in 15 years.
Thor is terrible and I hope gone.
""

I know folks are mad at Deuce right now, but watch the video of Devery's 80 yrd TD in 2011. But don't just watch him. Watch the interior O-Line (starting at :16). Carl and Jahri both pass off twists/stunts with ease. What a great team and a great year.

Carl and Jahri were the best guard tandem we ever had, or ever will have. Both HOF if Carl doesn’t get that nasty infection that led to his career ending prematurely.

It’s so odd how tiny Ruiz looks.

He always made em look a bit better than they were imo.

Thor is terrible and I hope gone.

Carl and Jahri were the best guard tandem we ever had, or ever will have. Both HOF if Carl doesn’t get that nasty infection that led to his career ending prematurely.

Yup.

I’m really hoping we can get some semblance of minicamps. Camp needs to be devoted to:

1. QB competition (or acclimation)
2. Ruiz moving to C and building continuity
3. Baun growing into a full-time role.

Yup.

I’m really hoping we can get some semblance of minicamps. Camp needs to be devoted to:

1. QB competition (or acclimation)
2. Ruiz moving to C and building continuity
3. Baun growing into a full-time role.
Totally agree. I’d completely forgotten Baun was even on the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom