Interior of the Saints offensive line got beat (1 Viewer)

The offensive line still needs to be built up, guard is still a problem but you can't check every box every off-season, but I can see some reshuffling and new additions to the line this off-season.

How much building can you do? Other than moving Ruiz to center and McCoy to guard, which is a theoretical improvement. We maxed out resources on the o-line.

We have spent some resources on the offensive line. Three first-round picks, a second-round pick, and a third-round pick. And big money to Peat and Armstead. In part, we placed emphasis on the offensive line because of Brees's lack of mobility and size.

Spot on thread and you can add that to the mystery of why our vaunted D line, which I thought was healthy, allowed Tom to have the time in the world.

Seemed like they had a much more balanced attack after the first series or two than previously

Spot on thread and you can add that to the mystery of why our vaunted D line, which I thought was healthy, allowed Tom to have the time in the world.

I can answer this one... They kept an extra blocker in at all times, Gronk, A RB, or they threw quickly...Teams were allowed to hold much more this season, as holding penalties were down 70%!! Also, unlike the last time we played them they had Ali Marpet who is a talented guard.

All that being said, if you think we got mauled in the pass game you should go back and watch Jensen’s (their center) thorough and utter destruction of “Thor”, It looked like a high school kid bullying the fork out of a 4th grader. It was the most embarrassing game film I’ve seen on a Saints player in 15 years.

We get manhandled in the playoffs. Year after year. Hope there's a plan to fix the problem going forward. Chicago's stunting caused problems for our interior O line. Tampa caused more problems. Same old song. Just have to hope Ruiz can improve, but, even if he does, we need more competition at G.

Maybe switching McCoy and Ruiz on the line is something that is considered now that we have a full offseason.

Maybe switching McCoy and Ruiz on the line is something that is considered now that we have a full offseason.
It's probably the plan, but will it really fix the situation? Are they magically gone to be able to pass off stunts just b/c they switch positions?

How much building can you do? Other than moving Ruiz to center and McCoy to guard, which is a theoretical improvement. We maxed out resources on the o-line.

There is a draft every year and Payton always brings in lineman. Ruiz goes to C, McCoy goes to guard, Easton is a cap casualty so you have to bring in guys to fill out that unit in terms of depth and development.

LT: Armstead
G: Peat
C: Ruiz
G: McCoy
RT: Ram

We have to get depth behind these guys.

We have spent some resources on the offensive line. Three first-round picks, a second-round pick, and a third-round pick. And big money to Peat and Armstead. In part, we placed emphasis on the offensive line because of Brees's lack of mobility and size.

Or...because they simply want to protect the QB like most teams do...

Seemed like they had a much more balanced attack after the first series or two than previously
They did run the ball more than our previous games and I think is the downside of playing a team 3 times in a season. They clearly adjusted, we did not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom