Is Cook Good Enough? (1 Viewer)

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
Was waiting to see if anyone would discuss Cook. I, for one, was thrilled to get him. Major upgrade over Hill. I believed that he was a top 10 TE. He has shown definite greatness when targeted. Last night, he looked bad.
Is this a position to upgrade or are we good by committee (you always need more than one)? Trautman is a gem.

He got hosed on 50/50 calls. Missed a block on an elite pass rusher.

He had a bad play and not a great game, but it's not as bad you make it out to be. He still came up with some clutch catches for about 30 yards.

The leading receiver had 51 yards. So, he was in the thick of it.

Last edited:
Bad game but hits are starting to accumulate at this point in his career.

I think he’s always going to be what he is. There’s a reason why he has never been a top flight TE in his career. Amazing physical traits but has never been able to put it all together to become a top flight TE. It’s unfortunate because it looks effortless at times and some plays he makes just have you going Wow! He is unstoppable.

He's a super talented but inconsistent player... that's why he was available when we signed him. If he were consistent, he would have never been let out of Tennessee or St Louis.... His career catch rate hovers at about 60% (though he has raised that average in the last 3 seasons). He's still a very good player that fits what we do... but he is who he has always been.... and yeah, he had a bad day at the office... but if he was going to have one... Last Night was the time to do it!

Last edited:
Was waiting to see if anyone would discuss Cook. I, for one, was thrilled to get him. Major upgrade over Hill. I believed that he was a top 10 TE. He has shown definite greatness when targeted. Last night, he looked bad.
Is this a position to upgrade or are we good by committee (you always need more than one)? Trautman is a gem.
Cook has been a disappointment so far. Based on what I've seen, I don't think Cook is an upgrade over Hill, much less a huge upgrade. Hill rarely drops balls, blocks better, gets open better, and runs better after the catch. Hill may not look as good, nor run as fast, but I think he's the better TE. Trautman may be better than both of them, so he may become the starter.

He had one bad game. Everyone does. I really gave credit to their defense because they made the play on him. It wasn't like he drop a pass uncontested. For the most part I think he should get more target going forward.

i've always been suspect of Cook. He doesn't show me that he hussles. Gets hurt way too easy......especially vs san fran last year! Not a fan of his.................

He got headshot in that San Fran game and was dominating with 2 TDs. Getting a concussion from a dirty hit isn't his fault. Some yall being mad suspect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom