Is Cook Good Enough? (1 Viewer)

Probably the same folks who said sit Brees earlier this season or trade Kamara because he was playing injured last year.

I bet Bill O'Brien approves of this thread.

Thats just petty. The man got a concussion. Cook may not be all-world, but he's a very good TE.
You have to remember that many fans have little to no tolerance if their favourite highly paid athletes show signs of humanity and vulnerability, and fail to live up to exaggerated expectations.

See: Kamara, Alvin [2019]

You have to remember that many fans have little to no tolerance if their favourite highly paid athletes show signs of humanity and vulnerability, and fail to live up to exaggerated expectations.

This year too. Ok it's Facebook but a lot of people in the comments were convinced that MT wasn't injured at all, but was instead refusing to play or practice to try and show SP who is boss.

You can't fix.....well, you know.

Guess you going to be that person who when a player had a bad game, he needs to get cut or benched him. Cook had made some spectacular catches in the red zone for us the past 2 season. Unless you forgot about that. Until I see our other tight end doing the same thing consistently, this is a pointless topic.
He is a good player. Just want to know if he is considered ELITE. And maybe we don't even require an ELITE TE next year.

Cook has been a disappointment so far. Based on what I've seen, I don't think Cook is an upgrade over Hill, much less a huge upgrade. Hill rarely drops balls, blocks better, gets open better, and runs better after the catch. Hill may not look as good, nor run as fast, but I think he's the better TE. Trautman may be better than both of them, so he may become the starter.

I'm not sure what you have been watching. He will likely wind up with 8-10 TD's this year and has around a 70% catch rate. He is also a better run-blocker than I thought he could be. He also takes big hits and hustles....and Brees trusts him in key situations, whether it's 3rd down or redzone.

The only issue with him is he is an older player and has struggled a bit with injuries...he is the best TE we have had since JG.

Trautman has the potential to be great but he has to earn Brees trust first....we will see...

He is a good player. Just want to know if he is considered ELITE. And maybe we don't even require an ELITE TE next year.
No he is not. Never was. But the plays that he had made so far since being here, I am completely satisfy with it. This game was his worst game. But he had made some great plays and I will give him a pass on this one. I look at those plays as being great defensively plays.

This year too. Ok it's Facebook but a lot of people in the comments were convinced that MT wasn't injured at all, but was instead refusing to play or practice to try and show SP who is boss.

You can't fix.....well, you know.
I know, I just chose an option where more time had passed, to allow people to more objectively consider whether their treatment of the player was actually all that fair.

It's probably still too close to Thomas for some of us to be entirely objective.

Was waiting to see if anyone would discuss Cook. I, for one, was thrilled to get him. Major upgrade over Hill. I believed that he was a top 10 TE. He has shown definite greatness when targeted. Last night, he looked bad.
Is this a position to upgrade or are we good by committee (you always need more than one)? Trautman is a gem.
I think this is a fair question. He doesn't have the best hands and can disappear for some games but his catch radius is very good. Honestly, I thought he would make a bigger impact than he does, but that's not to say he isn't good enough. I think he is still a slightly above average tight end.

Oh, I remember. And those types of fans are a big pet peeve of mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom