Isa Abdul-Quddus feeling more comfortable than ever going into his third season (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
12013402-mmmain.jpg

New Orleans Saints safety Isa Abdul-Quddus feeling more comfortable than ever going into his third season

By Katherine Terrell, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Going through three defensive coordinators in three seasons isn't the ideal way to start off an NFL career for most players. It's even more difficult for those fighting for roster spots.

That's what backup safety Isa Abdul-Quddus is facing in his third season with the New Orleans Saints. Abdul-Quddus was signed as an undrafted free agent out of Fordham in 2011, and started three games in 2012 after Malcolm Jenkins went down late in the season with a hamstring injury.

But in some ways, the constant change has helped the 23-year-old defender, who said it has helped give him some different looks.

"I feel like, even though I'm in three different defenses, I felt like I get to learn the offenses more by seeing it from a different perspective," he said. "I feel like it's helped me out a lot, and it's helped me learn this defense more since I've seen different defenses. I'm very comfortable here."

More - Picayune

Good article, I like his positive attitude towards the last season. It should help make him better.

Maybe it has something to do with him playing a true center fielder position. sounds like a blast, kid has great hands and speed

He can be a poor man's Sharper IMO. Very poor man considering the 9INTs plus like 4 for TDs, but if he could do half that it'd be great!

I think he and Vaccaro will be our starting safeties in 2014, maybe by the end of 2013. They are both young (23 and 22) and interchangeable. I am really enjoying watching things unfold. This season will mark the beginning of a golden era in Saints history.

I think he is our best pure free safety. Maybe Ryan won't play favorites.

I think this guy should have started in FS position.

Start? Nah...he's not as good as Jenkins or vaccaro or probably even Leonard

Play? Heck yea. The guy is clearly talented and we don't lose very much by having him on the field

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAxsG2NFvr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that is all...

I'm not a coach, and I don't watch a ton of film, but I like what he brings. He makes plays and he's a thumper. I hope he gets a good shot to make an impression on R. Ryan.

If you guys haven't seen this, here's a pretty good interview with him on the Artie Lange Show. I can't find part two though. It's from around Super Bowl time so there is some bounty talk but not bad. (FYI, there's also a Garrett Hartley interview on that show).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfRhLVZQyME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom