Isaac Yiadom signed with the 49ers (2 Viewers)

Thanks alot, Magic Cap Mickey.

We're now a farm team for some and a trash dump for others.

Magic Cap Mickey would have made it rain for Yiadom. Cap Responsibility Mickey isn't going to push money into future years to get the money to give Yiadom the bag.

Thanks alot, Magic Cap Mickey.

We're now a farm team for some and a trash dump for others.
The cap is a myth and we're all idiots for believing otherwise, haven't you heard that here???? 😂😂😂

I'm sad we lost Yiadom but am good with less spending and a reset if that's what we're doing.

I'm sad we lost Yiadom but am good with less spending and a reset if that's what we're doing.

This is the cost of doing that. People can agree or disagree with "Magic Cap Mickey" but this is what happens when you won't push money into future years. You lose valuable depth pieces and sometimes starters.

Magic Cap Mickey would have made it rain for Yiadom. Cap Responsibility Mickey isn't going to push money into future years to get the money to give Yiadom the bag.

For a team that has fallen into the inescapable pit of NFL mediocrity, a 28 year old UDFA first added to our practice squad - who showed starter potential last year - is more important to the future than the latest aging restructured vet.

One cannot celebrate Magic Cap Mickey anymore when the roster management and the hunker down myopia are so weak.

But hey...

Keep choppin wood
Keep chewin gum

How many wins do cap magic and comp picks equal?

This is the cost of doing that. People can agree or disagree with "Magic Cap Mickey" but this is what happens when you won't push money into future years. You lose valuable depth pieces and sometimes starters.

Ross Jackson said he was under the impression that Isaac has the potential to be a starter in San Fran and that is what he wanted

I actually think this is a huge loss for the Saints not because it hurts the team THAT much but because he signed with the main competitor in the NFC. This gives the 9ers great depth at a cheap price. If I were the Saints I would have let him signed with the Commanders or some other team but not the rivals.
How could the Saints control who he signed w/?

For a team that has fallen into the inescapable pit of NFL mediocrity, a 28 year old UDFA first added to our practice squad - who showed starter potential last year - is more important to the future than the latest aging restructured vet.

One cannot celebrate Magic Cap Mickey anymore when the roster management and the hunker down myopia are so weak.

But hey...

Keep choppin wood
Keep chewin gum

How many wins do cap magic and comp picks equal?

I'm not celebrating anyone. But, if you want them to get the cap more under control, this is the kind of thing you have to do. You can't spend decently large money on your #4 CB no matter how great it was that you found a cheap gem in free agency. Especially for a 28 year-old CB at a position that usually falls off a ledge at 30. Talk about spending on aging vets.

And, why you think that means I like DA is beyond me.

And keeping chopping wood would have been pushing money into future years and keeping Yiadom as your #4 CB regardless of the cost of the contract. You can't say they need to change how they handle the cap and then complain when they do just that. Well, you can, but you look like a hypocrite.

Ross Jackson said he was under the impression that Isaac has the potential to be a starter in San Fran and that is what he wanted

Ross may be right. But if he is getting signed to be a potential starter, I guarantee that he is getting far more than #4 CB money.

Can’t blame the man for signing with a team that might feature him more. Yiadom was not going to start as long as we have Taylor and Adebo on the roster.

I'm all for it, if that's what's happening. I feel we need a reset. I know I'm in the minority and that's ok.

Well deserved. He wasn't going to stick around to be a back up when there are teams that are going to giving him significant snaps with the possibility of starting.

There's really not a lot you can do when this type of opportunity becomes available.

There’s one thing that we don’t have to worry about under DA and that’s the secondary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom