Isaac Yiadom signed with the 49ers (3 Viewers)

I’m not sweating this dude leaving at all. For all of DAs faults, he gets the most out of DBs. He knows how to identify them and coach them up. We will sign another guy and do this all again next season. I’m giving credit where credit is due. We develop DBs.
DA is a beast with the secondary for sure.

We've picked up some prospects toward the end of the season similar to when we got Yiadom the year prior, DA knows what he is doing.
I’m excited about the Rejzohn Wright futures pickup. He was a dawg in college. All-Pac lockdown CB with 4.3 speed but went undrafted. Some guys get overlooked early in their career before they land in the right situation that maximizes their skills. This is the perfect secondary for Wright to develop into a solid pro boundary CB.

I actually think this is a huge loss for the Saints not because it hurts the team THAT much but because he signed with the main competitor in the NFC. This gives the 9ers great depth at a cheap price. If I were the Saints I would have let him signed with the Commanders or some other team but not the rivals.
He's ufa

I’m not sweating this dude leaving at all. For all of DAs faults, he gets the most out of DBs. He knows how to identify them and coach them up. We will sign another guy and do this all again next season. I’m giving credit where credit is due. We develop DBs.
This is true and gives me some comfort to think about. However, good boundary CBs don't grow on trees. We went after and signed a top UDFA CB. I don't think he even made the PS. It's not a given that we just find another guy and successfully develop him.

Makes it harder to trade Lattimore now.

If the goal is to acquire more picks, we may well have to trade down. If the goal was to move up, I'm not certain we can now.
Lattimore is a top 10 CB when healthy, and his last couple season were killed by fluky injuries. He’s also only 27.

Having said that……

We have a GM in Loomis who most likely wont get fired regardless of the outcome of ‘24 with an eye on this year but moreso the future, 2 very good perimeter CBs (not as good as ML23, but there is potential) on rookie deals who are even younger and both of whom needing new contracts in the next couple years. We also need a NB very badly bc on of those good CBs is currently playing out of position.

Now we need to also add in the facts that this head coach and maybe assistant GM (☘️) could see the door if ‘24 is another year out of the playoffs. Then consider that we only have 2 picks in the top 149 picks with plenty of holes on both sides of the field with limited $, and I’d say this team decides to trade Lattimore plus our 6th, 6th, and 7th for the Lions 1st rounder this year.

1710560091545.gif

Yes I understand the dead cap situation if this were to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom