Isaac Yiadom signed with the 49ers (1 Viewer)

I actually think this is a huge loss for the Saints not because it hurts the team THAT much but because he signed with the main competitor in the NFC. This gives the 9ers great depth at a cheap price. If I were the Saints I would have let him signed with the Commanders or some other team but not the rivals.

I actually think this is a huge loss for the Saints not because it hurts the team THAT much but because he signed with the main competitor in the NFC. This gives the 9ers great depth at a cheap price. If I were the Saints I would have let him signed with the Commanders or some other team but not the rivals.

I don't think the Saints get to choose who he signs with and until we see the numbers we don't know if it was a cheap price or not.

He's certainly a big loss as he was great depth and a solid starter when called on, but the Saints also can't compete with what S.F. has to offer, namely a legitimate shot to win the Super Bowl. And, unfortunately, S.F. is so far ahead of us right now that they really aren't our competition. Our competition is our Division. Winning anything beyond that would be amazing, but not very likely until we build more talent.

That was expected
we're broke
49ers have just 1.6M available cap space listed on OTC. Saints have 10x more after recent FA signings. FO unfortunately didn’t value investing cap towards Yiadom’s new deal as the 4th CB. He outplayed where he was listed on our depth chart.

49ers have just 1.6M available cap space listed on OTC. Saints have 10x more after recent FA signings. FO unfortunately didn’t value investing cap towards Yiadom’s new deal as the 4th CB. He outplayed where he was listed on our depth chart.
Sad that we sign a player that ONLY plays ST like Morgan instead of keeping a guy who gives you value at a position as well as ST. Hoping he got a bag from Niners so that at least it would make some sense.

Please let this be the final year of "kicking the can down the road" method. Very unlikely.

This is actually the result of not "kicking the can down the road" this year. If they were willing to do that this year they easily could have signed Yiadom. But, this is what having "cap responsibility" looks like. If you aren't going to push money into future years then you can't afford to sign a guy like Yiadom to a decent sized contract to be you #4 boundary CB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom