I've been a Saints fan for 45 years....... (43 Viewers)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I've experienced some highs and I've experienced a lot of lows with this team. I'm always cheering.

It has been a while since I've had no hope for this team and Dennis Allen is the main guy that's bringing that back. ☹️

Do any of the older Saints fans feel the same way?

I've experienced some highs and I've experienced a lot of lows with this team. I'm always cheering.

It has been a while since I've had no hope for this team and Dennis Allen is the main guy that's bringing that back. ☹️

absolutely. this feels like the sort of decade plus limbo period between Mora's last playoff loss (1992) and Sean Payton arriving (2006). the only highlight during this stretch was the Saints' first playoff win in their only playoff appearance during that span. during that period, coaching was often below average, draft picks were repeated busts, and sometimes players and coaches seemed to be quitting (and in one case, Mora literally did, mid-season).

Last edited:

I do, and I’ve been watching the Saints since the early 70s. I really wanted to believe Kubiak would make a difference, but DA is still the head coach and he just doesn’t know how to lead and prepare an NFL team. Also, our talent acquisition has been on the decline for years. Loomis w/o Payton is not getting it done.

I sat in the SuperDome for every second of the 55-21 drubbing the Colts put on us in 2003. This one brought about a similar feeling.

The regression is happening at a rapid pace and now the wheels are completely off.

There is no hope for this team in its present form.

As a fan for many years, I too feel as though we are a long way away from seeing the Saints in the playoffs again.

It is difficult to judge with any certainty, because I remember the days when Billy Joe Hobert was hope for us ... but this does feel like we really don't have any reason to watch the Saints right now. We aren't moving forward, we aren't competing, and there isn't any change coming.

Yep. But bright side is we may have found a quarterback to build around

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom