I've been a Saints fan for 45 years....... (13 Viewers)

I've experienced some highs and I've experienced a lot of lows with this team. I'm always cheering.

It has been a while since I've had no hope for this team and Dennis Allen is the main guy that's bringing that back. ☹️

Do any of the older Saints fans feel the same way?
Yes. Born in 68. DA is as bad as I have seen since Ditka and 2005 Haslett.

It’s not just losing more than winning, but dumb decisions on game day, poor roster management, and teams that self-destruct/fold in the most important situations.

I've experienced some highs and I've experienced a lot of lows with this team. I'm always cheering.

It has been a while since I've had no hope for this team and Dennis Allen is the main guy that's bringing that back. ☹️

40 year fan here. I’m feeling very much like I did in the doldrums of the Haslett years. I have no optimism about this team….but I do have optimism about some of our young talent. Time to start fresh and move forward. I love Demario and Cam for what they’ve done for this franchise…..but it’s time to turn the page

He is objectively a bottom 3 head coach in this league, with an argument for being the worst. 26-50 record as a head coach. Inept front office leadership will find excuses for the guy, but it kind of is what it is after three seasons.
The Saints need cleaning out. From top to bottom. Problem is, we don’t have a real owner. She is clueless.

I’m 41, and those mid-late 90s awful teams are burned into my memory. I remember being in middle/high school in Metairie and the Saints were just a laughing stock that everyone made fun of and ignored. Dennis Allen is well on his way to bringing that back, if only Gayle cared like Tom did and cleaned house finally.

I went to my 1st Saints game in 1970, in the old Tulane Stadium. It's obvious the Saints need to clean house from Loomis all the way to the medical staff. Dennis Allen is not a winner, and the Saints will never be with him as their head coach.

I feel for those fans that never experienced the pre Brees years...
It's like dejavu when talking about who to sign or draft at QB.... I have heard it all was behind most of all of them, heck I thought Forcade was gonna bring us to the promise land...

Back in the early years of the franchise the Saints never did enough to make the fans believe they ever really had a legitimate shot at making the postseason. But we clung to any ray of hope there was. When it looked as though the Saints might finally have a winning season and a playoff berth, the gullible fans couldn’t control their enthusiasm. They even recorded the song “I Believe” where they repeated the lyrics “Saints go all the way. Saints go all the way!”

But what a lot of fans of that song may not remember is that when that song came out the Saints were actually on a ONE GAME win streak. Now THAT is really wishful thinking!

I was there for the first game. I haven't been this disgusted since the 80'S. (2005 doesn't count.) The only time the defense has looked this bad was the year Payton was suspended.

I haven't even watched the last couple games and that's a first for me. It was bad enough watching the highlights.

Last edited:
45 years here too. I feel a little hope for the future with what I saw from the rookie today. I think the staff will have to go, and we will have to move forward with some new energy.

It’s been so much worse, this purgatory is kind of frustrating in itself tho. Speaking of the mediocrity, not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a top pick.

It was so bad for so long that I truly never thought my favorite team would win the Super Bowl. They did, I can die happy, no one can take that from us. It’s all lagniappe now, just isn’t tasting too good lately. lol

day one fan, but since the no-call i'm immune to stress from the saints

today's lazy play and squandering was disappointing and unsurprising

and as long as tickets sell, saints' lack of vision and effort will continue

No doubt. It's been a long time since I said that's enough. Enjoyed the afternoon with my family. Until they get rid of Allen they will continue to lose games and lose the fanbase.

Yep and It's painful to watch. There's some hope that the DA experiment is at the end, particularly if they lose to Payton at Home Thursday.

I did see enough from Rattler slinging it today though, to know that at least it's not as bad as the Billy Jo X 2 Ditka era.
The Saints are not ones to fire a coach mid-season especially one that has been a coach for what 13-14 years but....a blowout loss to Sean Payton's Denver Bronco's on Thursday, could at least make them think about it.

I’ve been a fan since they came into the league and I’ve never seen anything this bad. Allen is a joke and so is loomis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom