Jameis upside is Unfathomable (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Jameis Winston threw 30 picks in 2019. Let us get that out of the way first. It was a abysmal, and has all but ruined his career.

Jameis Winston is the joke of the QB world in the nfl as it stands , but I have questions for those who doubt he can pull it together ...

Do you not think that has kept him up at night these last 2 years ?

Do you not think he understands the gravity of his situation? What it means for his young family ?

Do you not think he is as driven as he has ever been in his life to salvage his career ?

Do you not think he is obsessed and laser focused on this ?

We dont know what Jameis we will get , but one thing is certain , we will get the very best mental, physical , emotional and spiritual effort he can put out.

And that is why , he is a better choice than any other QB we could've gotten.

He is playing for his life now , just as Drew once was when he arrived. There is something about real life consequences that motivate you to find gears , levels we hadn't known were there when everything was taken for granted. The urgency , the desperation , the passion.

He is not alone in this fight either. In his corner , for the first time is an NFL coach who truly wants him there. Who wants to see him in all of his glory. Who needs him , just as much to usher in a new era of winning football. Just as it was when Drew first arrived.

Jameis will inherit a wealth of riches he never dreamed of in Tampa.

Best offensive line in the NFL
Best RB in the NFL
Best WR in the NFL
Best HC in the NFL
Best GM in the NFL

While he himself having elite arm talent and youth on his side.

Mark my words , He knows what went wrong . And has Drew's number on speed dial just in case he forgets.

Jameis upside is Wilsonesque , Rodgersesque , dare I say Mahomesesque ...

Ask yourself this question, what if instead of Tampa , We had picked Jameis up from the start ? Would he have developed differently here ? Is he still young enough to get it corrected ? Absolutely !!! So the jury is still out on what he can become ...

SP won't put in him in those bad spots BA did.

Jameis will cement himself firmly as leader of our organization, and we will be in contention for superbowls very very soon.

Jameis was a 1st overall pick. Is one of 8 QBs to throw for 5000 yards , and did that without an offensive line.

Jameis is our guy. It's clear.

SP found Romo out of nowhere and made Silver , found Brees with a half a shoulder and made gold , then SP finessed the league into giving us a former 1st overall , Heisman winning , 5000 yard throwing, Elite arm talent QB in his prime for 2 nickels and a paperclip.

And that should scare you , in a good way.

Good post but his detractors could careless bout any of that. His off-field issues will always take precedence even if he produces on the field bcuz they refuse to let him live that stuff down, even when they don't know all the facts. He could solidify himself here for a decade, break all of Drew's records & even help win a SB & they'll still turn their noses up. And they're Goodell clowns if they deny it

Last edited:
Sean Payton obviously likes him. That is enough for me.

I do have my doubts though. If you watch the Jameis highlight reels every play has a degree of recklessness to it.

We will definitely have an explosiveness that we have not had in a long time, but we are trading consistency and reliability.

I'm rooting for whoever wins the qb competition but I'm cautious.

I do not have as much optimism as you have. But I remember when we signed Drew Brees there was optimism but no one could have predicted he’d be one of the best all time. Jameis needs to learn Drew Brees’ pregame chant. That is magic right there.

See it. Speak it. Believe it. Be it. It’s up to him. 🔑

Do you not think that has kept him up at night these last 2 years ? No, I don’t think he’s lost any sleep over it.

Do you not think he understands the gravity of his situation? What it means for his young family ? Again, No... he has made $6.5M in the last year or so. I think his family is doing fine.

Do you not think he is as driven as he has ever been in his life to salvage his career ? I think that now that Brees is retired. Winston assumes the starting QB job is all his.

Do you not think he is obsessed and laser focused on this ? Nope... I don’t trust him and I never will. You can take the knucklehead out of the dumpster fire, but you can’t take the dumpster fire out of the knucklehead.

I think Taysom Hill is the one that will be more motivated than ever... I also know that Taysom and Brees are close personal friends, and Brees will continue to mentor Hill behind the scenes.

Taysom is going to win the job.

Jameis Winston threw 30 picks in 2019. Let us get that out of the way first. It was a abysmal, and has all but ruined his career.

Jameis Winston is the joke of the QB world in the nfl as it stands , but I have questions for those who doubt he can pull it together ...

Do you not think that has kept him up at night these last 2 years ?

Do you not think he understands the gravity of his situation? What it means for his young family ?

Do you not think he is as driven as he has ever been in his life to salvage his career ?

Do you not think he is obsessed and laser focused on this ?

We dont know what Jameis we will get , but one thing is certain , we will get the very best mental, physical , emotional and spiritual effort he can put out.

And that is why , he is a better choice than any other QB we could've gotten.

He is playing for his life now , just as Drew once was when he arrived. There is something about real life consequences that motivate you to find gears , levels we hadn't known were there when everything was taken for granted. The urgency , the desperation , the passion.

He is not alone in this fight either. In his corner , for the first time is an NFL coach who truly wants him there. Who wants to see him in all of his glory. Who needs him , just as much to usher in a new era of winning football. Just as it was when Drew first arrived.

Jameis will inherit a wealth of riches he never dreamed of in Tampa.

Best offensive line in the NFL
Best RB in the NFL
Best WR in the NFL
Best HC in the NFL
Best GM in the NFL

While he himself having elite arm talent and youth on his side.

Mark my words , He knows what went wrong . And has Drew's number on speed dial just in case he forgets.

Jameis upside is Wilsonesque , Rodgersesque , dare I say Mahomesesque ...

Ask yourself this question, what if instead of Tampa , We had picked Jameis up from the start ? Would he have developed differently here ? Is he still young enough to get it corrected ? Absolutely !!! So the jury is still out on what he can become ...

SP won't put in him in those bad spots BA did.

Jameis will cement himself firmly as leader of our organization, and we will be in contention for superbowls very very soon.

Jameis was a 1st overall pick. Is one of 8 QBs to throw for 5000 yards , and did that without an offensive line.

Jameis is our guy. It's clear.

SP found Romo out of nowhere and made Silver , found Brees with a half a shoulder and made gold , then SP finessed the league into giving us a former 1st overall , Heisman winning , 5000 yard throwing, Elite arm talent QB in his prime for 2 nickels and a paperclip.

And that should scare you , in a good way.

Nice sentiment, but if majority of that post is true no way Winston signs for $1.5M last year and $5M this year with that position in demand as much as it is.

I like Winston, but he couldn’t beat out Taysom last year.

Id say from his perspective, its tough to be a heisman winner, a national champion, a #1 overall pick, throw for 5k yards (i know, i know, 30 picks), spend the next season as a backup - and when the starter goes down, you become a backup to a guy who is 3 years older than you, had season ending injuries every one of his college seasons and had at that point thrown less than 20 NFL passes and had less career touchdown passes than your #2 wide receiver.

But he handled that as well as I think he couldve. He went with it, learned, and kept a positive attitude. Im with a lot of you, the guy is just goofy at times. He has had some off field issues in college. But i think the above speaks to his maturity. Maybe he has eaten the humble pie. People grow up. I think at this point you have to at least give the guy a chance.

With Winston, it was never about the physical. He can physically do anything you ask him to do. There isnt a throw he cant make. Id like to see him with a full offseason, preseason learning this system. In Tampa, there was some chaos in that offense. There wasnt much in terms of methodical approach with a shot play at the right time type offense we play. Its ok to check down in this offense. It was mostly live by the sword, die by the sword in Tampa. He didnt have this O line, and he didnt have Alvin Kamara. Its going to be an odd season coming up regardless. Playing in the shadow of a legend has only really been done successfully twice. Rodgers and Young. Hill or Winston, its going to be tough pleasing fans who have seen Brees play for 15 years.

I expect comeback player of the year... 4,300 yards.. 27 TD's and 12 Ints.... The guy is blessed with talent. A year in the SP/DB Master's course... If it aint there don't force it.... There will be some head scratching moments to be sure but he will sign a 5 year $90 million contract next year....

Thats why my screen name is NeverGiveUP

Nice sentiment, but if majority of that post is true no way Winston signs for $1.5M last year and $5M this year with that position in demand as much as it is.

I like Winston, but he couldn’t beat out Taysom last year.
Correct me if I am wrong, but there was not a Training Camp for anyone to beat anyone out in last season. Also, the head coach promised a certain player he would play if a certain retired QB went down. Am I missing anything?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom