Jameis upside is Unfathomable (2 Viewers)

montoya-kUZH-U40328604759EqB-624x385@Diario%20Vasco.jpg

I think Taysom Hill is the one that will be more motivated than ever... I also know that Taysom and Brees are close personal friends, and Brees will continue to mentor Hill behind the scenes.

Taysom is going to win the job.
PUT YOUR MONEY ON IT...let's bet on that! All that it is, is optimism and an ASSumption!!! Why even bring Jameis back if SP wanted Taysom to be his qb? That makes no sense, but I guess you know otherwise!

Nice sentiment, but if majority of that post is true no way Winston signs for $1.5M last year and $5M this year with that position in demand as much as it is.

I like Winston, but he couldn’t beat out Taysom last year.
That's an ASSumption! Ask yourself, if Taysom is the guy, why bring back Jameis? Just push forward with Taysom...

PUT YOUR MONEY ON IT...let's bet on that! All that it is, is optimism and an ASSumption!!! Why even bring Jameis back if SP wanted Taysom to be his qb? That makes no sense, but I guess you know otherwise!

He brought him back to compete with Taysom. Jameis didn't have a big market in free agency. I think Sean knows that in a perfect world Jameis wins the job, because he checks all of the boxes physically and the locker room seems to really like him. And then continue to keep Taysom in his current role, which keeps us diverse.

But Jameis still has to win that job, it's by no means a given. But I do think he has the inside edge, and I do expect him to win the job.

I already miss the days where QB was locked-up with a 1st ballot HOF’er, and no matter what the rest of the roster looked like.. we knew QB was going to make everything else better.
It's hard to follow a legend.
Jameis and Taysom better keep their chins up. Some of the fan base will always compare them to Brees. If that line of thinking spreads, I hope they go to a team that gives them a chance to shine.

At the end of the day, it’s what the FO and coach feel work best. We’ve seen both Winston and Hill re-signed and/or extended in the past few days. It’s fairly obvious we’re likely not drafting a QB any higher than maybe the fifth round.

If Winston blows this chance, it’s all on him.

Honestly, who cares what QB gets the starter name next year? Our FO has given us two good options, in the following year, when our top 5/HOF QB retires! We have almost no shot at drafting one. Could you imagine what it would feel like if Drew retired, we have the 28th pick, and not had a good option at QB on the roster? We probably would’ve signed Dalton or Trubisky......let that sink in for a second.

Jameis will inherit a wealth of riches he never dreamed of in Tampa.

Best offensive line in the NFL
Best RB in the NFL
Best WR in the NFL
Best HC in the NFL
Best GM in the NFL

While he himself having elite arm talent and youth on his side.

Mark my words , He knows what went wrong .

I'm fascinated by the prospect of JW being anointed starter in NO (is that likely?) and whether he can thrive in a different scheme under different coaches with different players, but a lot of the conversation here mirrors the kind of hopeful speculation I've seen in Tampa each year from 2015 when he was drafted thru 2020 when he was let go. He was part of 3 schemes in those 5 years under Smith, Koetter and finally Arians, and 2 of those 3 were offensive minded HCs. Yet JW's performance was fairly consistent no matter the changes around him: a ton of yards, TDs and Ints. A lot of losses, many narrow losses, not many wins. 3rd or 4th in the division 4 of the 5 years. His accuracy rating averaged to 61.5, a full ten points lower than Brees' average during that period.

Regarding his "riches" in Tampa vs NO, you would have to judge on the team NO fields in the upcoming season, and it may be as good as 2020-21 or a drop off, with no Brees, and minus the players NO had to cut to get under the cap. Either way, it wasn't uniformly bad in Tampa his final year, he had excellent WRs and a good OL (pass blocking), and the HC and GM are now being fitted for rings, so they can't be that bad. Licht has developed into one of the better GMs after a rocky start, he's on an insane streak drafting - last 3 years he found 11 good starters, 5 of whom are playing at a Pro-Bowl level. Run game I'll give you, it was bad the entire 5 year span, and that put a lot of pressure on him, but he just wasn't clutch when he needed to be most of the time.

TBH, I doubt JW "knows what went wrong", he had 5 years to work on his issues, and his last year at Tampa was his worst for TD/Int ratio, with the best supporting cast around him, relative to the prior 4 years. He's just wired a certain way, a gunslinger like Favre but without that X-factor ability to will the team to win. None of this means he can't be a success at NO, but I don't recall many QBs who turned it around year 6 or 7. If he does, kudos to NO coaching staff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom