Jameis upside is Unfathomable (3 Viewers)

I find it curious that some think Jameis will be the obvious starter. It will be a battle. I do think the Saints are more likely to give Taysom a full chance as they know he'll want to move on elsewhere in pursuit of his dream. But if it's obvious that Taysom isn't up to the task I think he'll stay for the gadget role. It's not obvious yet--the experiment is not over.

It's a wait and see for me. We didn't sign him to a contract we couldn't easily get out of for nothing. That said, he's got every shot to earn and keep the job. He's got great potential, but he will have to put it all together. I can't compare him to Brees, because he has not earned it.

My question is to both camps is that if both QBs have obvious flaws why should we believe that either one will have a remarkable makeover? For those people who say let's draft a QB, Coach has failed to develop a mid to late-round QB since he's been here and the guys the people on this board like will probably be gone by the time we pick ( I'm not a fan of moving up more than a couple picks).

JW struggled with deep throws and dump offs the entire 5-year span in Tampa. He almost always overthrew receivers going deep, even Evans who was there the entire time and has a huge catch radius. He wasn't great at short touch passes either, his strength was 10-30 yards, and he threw rockets. Too much juice.

https://bucsreport.com/2020/02/25/is-jameis-winston-a-good-deep-ball-passer/

I’m not trying to say you’re wrong but that’s the same issue Taysom had. Kamara was non factor in the game that Taysom played.

Also, Taysom had issues on the deep balls, either over throwing or under throwing them significantly.

Either guy the Saints go with will need to improve that part of their game.

Last edited:
With the stat-snips below, I am in no way am I insinuating that Winston = Manning. Just pointing
out that tossing a TON of interceptions early in your career does not necessarily mean that's who
you are and who you always will be. By the way, I'm not a Winston fan (yet), and I'm not a
Taysom-basher or lobbyist...

There are deficiencies that are hard, maybe even impossible for a QB to overcome. Accuracy,
ball placement, pocket presence, arm strength, internal clock, aptitude for QB/Football IQ, ability
to handle pressure, confidence to throw to tight windows, pulling the trigger, et.al.

There are things that can be improved through experience, coaching, study, and repitition.
Footwork, throwing motion, reading coverages, pre/post snap decision making, work ethic,
and maybe even leadership...

The few knocks I keep hearing associated with Jameis are reading coverages, pre/post snap
decision making, and maybe being a little "too" willing to throw into tight windows / taking chances.
These are correctable issues. None of us know if they can or will be corrected, but with the physical
tools he has... the ones that can't be coached, can't be learned... I can see why Sean Payton wants
to give him a shot. So I will too.

And of course there's the character concerns and "off-field conduct". I'm not going to touch on
that one, because I don't watch sports looking for role-models, and I've done some dumb **** when
I was young that would probably get me canceled today. And of course I wasn't there for any of it
and don't know both sides. So, if that's your bone with him, I won't judge him and I won't judge you
for judging him.

1616166520241.png

1616166594067.png

I think Taysom Hill is the one that will be more motivated than ever... I also know that Taysom and Brees are close personal friends, and Brees will continue to mentor Hill behind the scenes.

Taysom is going to win the job.

Drew has been mentoring the 30 something yr old Hill behind the scenes for 3-4 yrs only to yield minimal improvements if any. If Hill wasn't "more motivated than ever" to claim the future during his 4 game stretch then what makes u think he'll give Winston any decent comp?

U can't deny that Hill's best play has been @ TE/flex w
WR. When Winston wins the job in TC Hill should be doin that fulltime

I’m not trying to say you’re wrong but that’s the same issue Taysom had. Kamara was non factor in the game when Taysom played.

Also, Taysom had issues on the deep balls, either over throwing or under throwing them significantly.

Either guy the Saints go with will need to improve that part of their game.
But he threw a 47-yarder to Sanders...that took eight years to get there.

"Best offensive line in the NFL"
"And that is why , he is a better choice than any other QB we could've gotten."

I think you're reaching a bit on those 2 statements JMO
Main reason why you can say that is Drew Brees , he was one of the fastest decision makers ever and knew how to move just enough in the pocket while looking down field . JW has not been known to be good at that

With the stat-snips below, I am in no way am I insinuating that Winston = Manning. Just pointing
out that tossing a TON of interceptions early in your career does not necessarily mean that's who
you are and who you always will be. By the way, I'm not a Winston fan (yet), and I'm not a
Taysom-basher or lobbyist...

There are deficiencies that are hard, maybe even impossible for a QB to overcome. Accuracy,
ball placement, pocket presence, arm strength, internal clock, aptitude for QB/Football IQ, ability
to handle pressure, confidence to throw to tight windows, pulling the trigger, et.al.

There are things that can be improved through experience, coaching, study, and repitition.
Footwork, throwing motion, reading coverages, pre/post snap decision making, work ethic,
and maybe even leadership...

The few knocks I keep hearing associated with Jameis are reading coverages, pre/post snap
decision making, and maybe being a little "too" willing to throw into tight windows / taking chances.
These are correctable issues. None of us know if they can or will be corrected, but with the physical
tools he has... the ones that can't be coached, can't be learned... I can see why Sean Payton wants
to give him a shot. So I will too.

And of course there's the character concerns and "off-field conduct". I'm not going to touch on
that one, because I don't watch sports looking for role-models, and I've done some dumb **** when
I was young that would probably get me canceled today. And of course I wasn't there for any of it
and don't know both sides. So, if that's your bone with him, I won't judge him and I won't judge you
for judging him.

1616166520241.png

1616166594067.png

Please dont do this man. So tired of seeing this dumb comparison. Payton's stats made him a top 10 QB over that span. Jameis's stats made him a bottom 10 qb over that span. Those stats are not comparable in any form or fashion.

Throwing an interception or a touchdown then had different meaning than throwing them now. The rules were different. The schemes were different. The game was different.

Good post but his detractors could careless bout any of that. His off-field issues will always take precedence even if he produces on the field bcuz they refuse to let him live that stuff down, even when they don't know all the facts. He could solidify himself here for a decade, break all of Drew's records & even help win a SB & they'll still turn their noses up. And they're Goodell clowns if they deny it
Is it OK with you if I chose not to be onboard with a guy who groped an Uber driver? Is it OK with you that I don't think sexual assault takes precedence over my fandom? I've always felt this way about guys who think it's OK to try and take advantage of women. I def give my props to fact that he owned up to it and apologized as well. But the whole blame alcohol vibe is an excuse is sidestepping what he did. And I know the charges were dropped on the other incident, so I don't really speak to that, but I do feel like two incidents indicate a pattern of behavior. Do I think people can change? Yes I do. Do I feel like just because someone messes up, they can't be redeemed? Not at all. But that doesn't mean I can't dislike the idea of him representing our franchise. I'd feel the exact same way about Big Ben if he was leading our team. So, yeah, you do you but I have a niece and I don't take kindly to men who think acting this way is OK.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there was not a Training Camp for anyone to beat anyone out in last season. Also, the head coach promised a certain player he would play if a certain retired QB went down. Am I missing anything?
This is the NFL, not some flag rec league. If Jameis was clearly good enough, that "pinky promise," you'll start from Payton to Taysom would be out so fast your head would spin. Payton isn't going to lose the team by playing the inferior player at any position.

Jameis Winston threw 30 picks in 2019. Let us get that out of the way first. It was a abysmal, and has all but ruined his career.

Jameis Winston is the joke of the QB world in the nfl as it stands , but I have questions for those who doubt he can pull it together ...

Do you not think that has kept him up at night these last 2 years ?

Do you not think he understands the gravity of his situation? What it means for his young family ?

Do you not think he is as driven as he has ever been in his life to salvage his career ?

Do you not think he is obsessed and laser focused on this ?

We dont know what Jameis we will get , but one thing is certain , we will get the very best mental, physical , emotional and spiritual effort he can put out.

And that is why , he is a better choice than any other QB we could've gotten.

He is playing for his life now , just as Drew once was when he arrived. There is something about real life consequences that motivate you to find gears , levels we hadn't known were there when everything was taken for granted. The urgency , the desperation , the passion.

He is not alone in this fight either. In his corner , for the first time is an NFL coach who truly wants him there. Who wants to see him in all of his glory. Who needs him , just as much to usher in a new era of winning football. Just as it was when Drew first arrived.

Jameis will inherit a wealth of riches he never dreamed of in Tampa.

Best offensive line in the NFL
Best RB in the NFL
Best WR in the NFL
Best HC in the NFL
Best GM in the NFL

While he himself having elite arm talent and youth on his side.

Mark my words , He knows what went wrong . And has Drew's number on speed dial just in case he forgets.

Jameis upside is Wilsonesque , Rodgersesque , dare I say Mahomesesque ...

Ask yourself this question, what if instead of Tampa , We had picked Jameis up from the start ? Would he have developed differently here ? Is he still young enough to get it corrected ? Absolutely !!! So the jury is still out on what he can become ...

SP won't put in him in those bad spots BA did.

Jameis will cement himself firmly as leader of our organization, and we will be in contention for superbowls very very soon.

Jameis was a 1st overall pick. Is one of 8 QBs to throw for 5000 yards , and did that without an offensive line.

Jameis is our guy. It's clear.

SP found Romo out of nowhere and made Silver , found Brees with a half a shoulder and made gold , then SP finessed the league into giving us a former 1st overall , Heisman winning , 5000 yard throwing, Elite arm talent QB in his prime for 2 nickels and a paperclip.

And that should scare you , in a good way.

When Hill got the start they were talking about Winston on WWL. Strief and Deuce both reiterated that nothing changed in camp with Winston and he did what he does, threw a lot of interceptions. They said you can’t coach that. They said he has to fix it and that Payton can’t. Said Payton isn’t throwing the ball. It comes down to how he reacts in the game. It’s has to be instinct and it’s impossible to think about it in a game you just throw the ball.

Jameis will inherit a wealth of riches he never dreamed of in Tampa.

Best offensive line in the NFL
Best RB in the NFL
Best WR in the NFL
Best HC in the NFL
Best GM in the NFL

While he himself having elite arm talent and youth on his side.

Jameis upside is Wilsonesque , Rodgersesque , dare I say Mahomesesque ...
Agree with you on the above points until you went all slapping at imaginary flies crazy with the last bit. Jameis will never have what those players have talent wise. You can see that on any single play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom