Jameis Winston turned down a "more lucrative" contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers (1 Viewer)

It will at least give Saints fans a chance to see if there are any balls that Mike CAN'T catch :)
LOL. But.. will be more pop on the ball. No where those balls go is another question. Personally, I am happy.

It was Pittsburgh
Yep your right. I was thinking that when I read a post about Brady coming to N.O if Brees had retired. I would have welcomed Brady with open arms. Brady wanting to come here speaks to the character of the Saints franchise.

Sean and Company are good at getting QB talent here to N.O. When Winston rehabs himself here and gets a good contract, the Saints will get another quality backup QB here

Man, this team has come a long way. It used to be that players would turn down the better offer from the Saints - so said fans from other teams.
Players drafted by the Saints now feel honored, there was a time when they felt cursed :hihi:

Ben vs Drew, which one would you choose:

To help you get better.
To help you get prepared for a game if you need to play.
To ask what you did wrong in practice.
To learn how to lead a team.

Sometimes it's not all about the money. He looked at how the Saints treated Teddy and the decision was an easy one.

I'd guess he saw how coming here worked out for Teddy and decided it was in his best long-term interest. He gets a pressure-free year to be coached up by an offensive genius like Payton, learn from a future HOF like Brees, and start fresh with a potential starting job next season. Smart move for him.

Sounds pretty smart and a tad revengeful going to a team in the same division instead. That’s one thing over looked is we may just have Tampa’s offensive playoff next season when we could use it the most

Guy did win the Heisman, right? Of course so did Danny Weurffel but ya know what I mean.😳
Anybody know how many Heisman winners Saints have had since Payton has been here compared to previous Saints coaches? Would be interesting.

With Jameis Winston's history at Florida State with women, he should not be going anywhere near Ben Roethlisberger for tutelage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom