Jared Cook visiting Saints (1 Viewer)

Current TE's consist of Josh Hill who has never really progressed into a pass catcher. Dan Arnold was a healthy scratch for most of the late season games and some playoffs. And Griffin didn't look great either in his small sample.

How on Earth can the current group give anyone confidence?

That’s why I’m confused. He said Cook would be better than anyone we currently have and you’d disagreed with him.

So here we are on what feels like the evening of day 10 of our Cook thread vigil.

Amazingly, we're only put down 14 pages. Even more amazing is that this thread is really only at the 48 hour mark.

And i think the OP's Twitter post is as close as we've come to getting any news on the matter.

If you could have 2 of the 3, who would you like?

Peat - $9.6M cap this year, not under contract next year....
Cook
Ansah

We could trade Peat for something (Tom did well in his place, but he's likely the fill in for Unger) and use the cap savings to sign Ansah/Cook to longer contracts and minimize the 2019 cap hit while still improving our chances at a title. Yes, I understand continuity along the OL is paramount and that we don't really have a viable swing OT on the team right now, just considering all options.

Cook
Ansah

We could trade Peat for something (Tom did well in his place, but he's likely the fill in for Unger) and use the cap savings to sign Ansah/Cook to longer contracts and minimize the 2019 cap hit while still improving our chances at a title. Yes, I understand continuity along the OL is paramount and that we don't really have a viable swing OT on the team right now, just considering all options.

No

You never get better trading good offensive lineman. Never

Cook
Ansah

Peat and Cook

Cook
Ansah

Peat and Cook

Cook
Ansah

This shouldn’t even be a question.

Peat and Ansah.

Also, why the hell does everybody try to trade Peat.

He’s an above average LG, with LT capabilities

Ansah is a top DE in the NFL, it would make our Davenport pick a bit wasteful, but Ansah and Jordan would be a top 2 pass rushing unit in the NFL.

People are seriously underestimating Ansah. He’s going to get like $11-12million per season. He’s a top player at his position when healthy, one of the most important positions in the game.

[mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's because we had Jimmy Graham but some people around here don't have realistic expectations when it comes to TE production. The truth is that there are only a handful of elite TEs in the NFL. There's a tier of elite TEs like Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, and now Kittle. After that you have the regular old, good TEs like Jared Cook. Just look at the TE leaders in yards last season:

1. George Kittle - 88 rec, 1,377 yards
  2. Travis Kelce - 103 rec, 1,336 yards
  3. Zach Ertz - 116 rec, 1,163 yards
  4. Jared Cook - 68 rec, 896 yards
  5. Eric Ebron - 66 rec, 750 yards
  6. Gronk - 47 rec, 682 yards
  7. Austin Hooper - 71 rec, 660 yards
  8. David Njoku - 56 rec, 639 yards
  9. Jimmy Graham - 55 rec, 636 yards
  10. Kyle Rudolph - 64 rec, 634 yards
So in a year where offense was up, three TEs finished with over a thousand yards. That's only happened 4 times in the past 20 years. You'll see that after those top three guys there's a pretty dramatic drop in yards. 600 yards for a TE is a really good season and Cook has reached that mark 5 times in the 9 years he's been a starter. He's been able to reach that mark despite some sketchy offenses and some sketchy QBs throwing him the ball.

Great post.
Kittle looks like a steal where he was drafted.

Yesterday on NFL Network's Free Agent frenzy they discussed the schedule of the visit. Last night was supposed to be a dinner and today was the actual visit.

So by Saturday night this thread should be at 50+ pages. Sounds good, we’re making good time, everyone.

maybe bring him back to retire a Saint

He’ll be coming back for his last 90 yards to become the Saints all-time leading rusher at least for a little while, he won’t be retiring before.

He’ll be coming back for his last 90 yards to become the Saints all-time leading rusher at least for a little while, he won’t be retiring before.

I was glad he didn’t break it for this very reason. I didn’t want him to break Deuce’s record then walk out the door. That’s going to be AK41’s record.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom