Joe Buck Says Drew Deserves Another Shot at Calling Games (1 Viewer)

The context on this is the pod guy was asking Buck about how the biz is now taking former athletes and instantly putting them on the top teams. If they don't latch on fast, they get run. Buck said it's a raw deal for guys like Witten and Brees and that he'd love Brees to get another shot, because he's a natural.

In the tweet above, Buck saying "for one comment" is not referring to Brees. He's speaking generally.

At the end of the day, whocars? I don't think Drew is pursuing anything like that at the moment.

Drew is bad at the standard TV model. But maybe something more informal, with more room for presentation error (something like "Manningcast") would allow him to show off knowledge and share it effectively.

Last edited:
The context on this is the pod guy was asking Buck about how the biz is now taking former athletes and instantly putting them on the top teams. If they don't latch on fast, they get run. Buck said it's a raw deal for guys like Witten and Brees and that he'd love Brees to get another shot, because he's a natural.

In the tweet above, Buck saying "for one comment" is not referring to Brees. He's speaking generally.

At the end of the day, whocars? I don't think Drew is pursuing anything like that at the moment.
What's wrong with people sharing their thoughts on what he said? Who cares?
C'mon man

I know he wasn't talking about just Drew in the remark, but the quote was highlighted because Drew got so much criticism when he was a commentator.

If anyone from the Saints is going to the media, it’s either Payton or Cam.

In fact, when Jimmy Johnson retires from FOX , expect Sean to take his place.

How about Drew team up with Bobby Hebert on Sports Talk in the evenings and on the Point After following the games taking calls? Yee Haw!!!
That would be funny. 😆 🤣 😂

Curious...what is the best job for him now? To me he seems too positive for tv.
I think Drew needs a little bit longer format than in game commentary. Kinda what SP did for his year of "retirement". Drew would probably be great on a podcast also. I don't think speaking in 2 minute intervals and constantly cutting people off is his strong suit. Kinda why Dennis Miller was good at it but knew nothing about football.

What's wrong with people sharing their thoughts on what he said? Who cares?
C'mon man

I know he wasn't talking about just Drew in the remark, but the quote was highlighted because Drew got so much criticism when he was a commentator.

I like a fuller picture. When it said 'via Sports Media with Richard Deitsch,' that's where the story is.

Brees should've started with Fox or CBS. NBC and the Irish was a bad audience to pigeonhole into. Misplayed by all.

I said Whocars (generally) because the ship has sailed on this for now. My opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom