Judge rules in favor of the NFL. (1 Viewer)

What if players filed a suit to replay the game? Since it was the team that actually got robbed? Are the players not allowed to sue the NFL since the NFL owns them?

What if players filed a suit to replay the game? Since it was the team that actually got robbed? Are the players not allowed to sue the NFL since the NFL owns them?

They're not allowed to sue the NFL because they're labor under a collective bargaining agreement with a disputes and arbitration structure, in accordance with federal labor law.

They're not allowed to sue the NFL because they're labor under a collective bargaining agreement with a disputes and arbitration structure, in accordance with federal labor law.

I figured...however couldn't they file for compensation for the helmet to helmet hits? Still no fine for the guy and knocked Hill out of the game.

I figured...however couldn't they file for compensation for the helmet to helmet hits? Still no fine for the guy and knocked Hill out of the game.

No, that would also be covered under the CBA and federal labor law.

No, that would also be covered under the CBA and federal labor law.

So in other words, they are signing their life away while the NFL pretends that they will protect the players, but in reality only care about the revenue that the players bring to the game?

So in other words, they are signing their life away while the NFL pretends that they will protect the players, but in reality only care about the revenue that the players bring to the game?

Well not really. There are all kinds of structures and provisions for NFL players to obtain medical treatment, disability pay, etc. They're also among the most highly compensated labor in America. Approximately 48.5% of that revenue that the league cares about goes to the players under the CBA.

It's a job that most people envy, to be honest.

I have a good friend who is a sports entertainment lawyer. She suggested the players should/could file an all-affected grievance through the NFLPA for backpay due to the admitted-blown call.

The league's lawyers were local. There were never any evidentiary (witness) hearings, so it's quite likely that no one actually came down for anything related to the case.

It would be nice to know who they were, just for general information. They deserve the press.

Would anyone here really have wanted a replay at this point? I think a replay ruling would have wrecked our legacy as a team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom