N/S Justin Fields traded to the Steelers for a conditional 6th round pick (2 Viewers)

Come on man, Winston scored some points in Minny, but he was 13 for 25, barely over .500, and had 2 TD and 2 INT. He was chucking it up like the old days in what to Minny was garbage time. That's not a good performance. Especially when at least one of the TDs was lucky to not be picked off.

I like Winston. He's seems to have become a good guy and embraced New Orleans. I also think he's a good backup QB who just before Devin White destroyed his knee finally seemed to be about to turn a corner. But after that injury, whether related to the injury or not, he was never got back to that point and never even got back to where he was in Tampa. Some of it due to later injuries, but he hasn't performed well when given the chance even when he wasn't hurt.

And, I'm not a big fan of Carr. I think his red zone issues are a problem, he lacks mobility and pocket awareness, and I don't think he's a team leader. But, he is in the range of top 15 NFL QB and he is paid like one and he's better than Winston at this point in their careers.

Never said JW was perfect in that game, the Saints were behind 27-3 when he entered the game, not a great situation to come into and it warrants taking chances.....but you totally disregard the fact that he got us within 1 score with time left in a game that was pretty hopeless.....

Anyway, my point isn't that JW played great it's that in contrast Carr for 2.5 quarters led us to a whopping 3 points.....

I don't disagree with most of your post.....And at this point I think Carr is better than JW but not by as much as most think.....

Carr is the 13th highest-paid QB. He was 10th in TDs and completion percentage, and 13th in yards. He threw the 7th fewest INTs in the league.

Call him average if you want, but what exactly do you think $35M gets you these days?
Just because other teams pay average QB's a ton of money, doesn't mean we needed to chase one. No team will win a super bowl paying a top 16-20 QB 35 million dollars. Especially one who has been to a total of 1 playoff game in his entire career and lost it. His numbers were aided by 4-5 injuries at QB last season and also he will have better passing numbers than lamar or Jalen hurts but obviously are better players so those numbers slot him in the 16-20 range. The Saints will never do anything significant with him eating so much cap and keep pushing his money down the line.

I would rather be in Pittsburghs situation that he can prove his worth rather than giving Carr 150 million dollar deal a year after getting benched.

It appears that Mike Tomlin is more concerned with the feelings of Russell Wilson. It was let known that Tomlin called Russ immediately after the Fields trade to assure Wilson he would be the starter for the Steelers in 2024. Say What? Feelings? This is a game played by men. Set your feelings aside and compete. Let the best man win the starting job.

Handing Wilson the torch when both he and Fields are newcomers on one year prove it contracts undercuts the culture of true competition. It may have sent a comforting message to Russ but what kind of message did that send to Fields and the rest of the Steelers?

It would be poetic justice should Fields take over the starting job due to injury or poor play be Russ and show out only to spurn the Steelers in free agency next year by moving on and signing with another team as the Starter. Not out of the realm of possibility.

The Peterman signing may not have sent similar shockwaves throughout the Saints building but at least we didn't hear of DA calling Carr to make sure his feelings weren't hurt. Geez!
As a woman, I’d like to state for the record that men deserve to feel things, have feelings, and have their feelings assured if the possibility for conflict exists, so as to keep it from pressurizing and making things around them worse instead of fixable.

Carr is the 13th highest-paid QB. He was 10th in TDs and completion percentage, and 13th in yards. He threw the 7th fewest INTs in the league.

Call him average if you want, but what exactly do you think $35M gets you these days?
According to a large portion of this team’s fanbase, Drew Brees’ 5 year, $100 million contract from 2012 is not to be exceeded by a dime, ever, no matter how the market changes, unless the QB in question is God H. Reincarnate. It’s non-logic.

* The H stands for “Himself”

As a woman, I’d like to state for the record that men deserve to feel things, have feelings, and have their feelings assured if the possibility for conflict exists, so as to keep it from pressurizing and making things around them worse instead of fixable.
As man, I'd like to state that men should continue to suppress their feelings and drown them in whisk(e)y. That said, I may be mistaken.

Do the Steelers convert Fields into a RB?
It was something I saw from another conversation. Someone said he wasn't really a QB. Wilson is on a team who has been extremely loyal to veteran QBs and a team that can already win 9 games every year. So I do believe Wilson is safe. Maybe Fields will be a new wrinkle to throw off some of the tougher teams. Kind of like Taysom with us.

It was something I saw from another conversation. Someone said he wasn't really a QB. Wilson is on a team who has been extremely loyal to veteran QBs and a team that can already win 9 games every year. So I do believe Wilson is safe. Maybe Fields will be a new wrinkle to throw off some of the tougher teams. Kind of like Taysom with us.
Justin Fields has been playing QB his whole life, where do y’all get this crap from

Justin Fields has been playing QB his whole life, where do y’all get this crap from

I think you were 11 at the time. :geek:

Kordell-Stewart.jpg

I think you were 11 at the time. :geek:

Kordell-Stewart.jpg
I know of Kordell Stewart just fine… KS also did all that stuff as he grew into the game. Talk to some locals who knew him, they’ll tell you he lined up everywhere. Justin Fields has been a quarterback from the beginning.

You
I know of Kordell Stewart just fine… KS also did all that stuff as he grew into the game. Talk to some locals who knew him, they’ll tell you he lined up everywhere. Justin Fields has been a quarterback from the beginning.

You are right about Fields, but people wondering if he gets snaps at other positions, even to eventually throw is fun speculation. He has speed and he can throw. Maybe he can catch too. Tomlin would not be risk averse to putting Wilson and Fields on the field at the same time. The counter to that is like when Taysom was clearly the backup QB. They limited his snaps at other positions because they did not want to risk his injury. But this will be a unique year for the Steelers since they got two starters for the price of nothing, so we'll see. They are in a very tough division so they are looking for an edge, and maybe one from their team's DNA.

Have you seen him play quarterback he's terrible

Justin Fields has been active 40 games in which he has started 38 out of the 51 in his first 3 seasons. He has missed 11 games due to injury. He has been on a bad team in full rebuild mode. You may want to consider these things before making that assessment of his play so far. He has accomplished the following so far:

NFL Records:

In 2022 he set the NFL Record for Most Rushing Yards by a QB in a regular season game - 178! (He broke Michael Vicks 20-year-old record.)

In 2022 he became the 1st NFL player to have 3 TD passes, and Rush for at least 150 Yards in the same game.

In 2022 he became the 1st NFL QB to Rush for 140 Yards or More in Consecutive Games.

In 2022 he set the NFL Record in the Super Bowl era for QBs, Rushing Over A Five-Game Span - 568 Yards

In 2022 he Tied the NFL Record for Most Consecutive Games with 1 or More Rushing And Passing TDs: 5 Consecutive Games (Tied with Kyler Murray, 2020)

In 2022 he became the First Player to Rush for 100+ Yards, Throw 2+ TDs, and Rush for 2+ TDs in a Single Game.

In the 2022 Season he became the 1st QB in the Super Bowl era to Rush for a TD in 6 Consecutive Games.

In the 2022 Season he finished the season with 1,143 Yards Rushing, making him only the 3rd QB to Rush for over a 1,000 Yards in a Single Season (Vick, Lamar)

Justin Fields is the Only QB in the Super Bowl era with Multiple 60+ Yard Rushing TDs.

He's the Only QB in the NFL Since 1925 to Score 3 Rushing TDs Over 50 Yards.

The Above Are All NFL AND Bears Records.

Below Are Some Bears Only Records:

In 2022 he set the Bears Franchise Record for the Longest Rushing TD by a QB - 61 Yards.

In Week 4 of the 2023 Season he set a Bears Franchise Record by Completing 16 of his First 16 Passes to Start a Game.

In Weeks 4 and 5 of the 2023 Season he Threw 4 TD Passes in Consecutive Games.

Justin Fields is still young at only 24 years old. He's got size at 6'3" and at 227 pounds and he can run like a Deer (not to be confused by the 🦌 roaming the Saints sidelines). He Can Make All Of The Throws. Give him some WRs like he had in college, and he will look better than what he started his Pro Career with. Give him another solid WR, some better O-Linemen and a solid running game and he most likely will shine. Of course, he has to cut down on the interceptions and fumbles and get his completion percentage up. A solid supporting cast around him will make all of that much easier to accomplish. This guy has a ton of talent. With better weapons he will show himself to be the dynamic player that he is capable of being.

When Was The Last Time A Saints QB Threw 4 or More TDs In Consecutive Games In The Same Season?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom