N/S Justin Fields traded to the Steelers for a conditional 6th round pick (1 Viewer)

Now they're saying he WON'T compete with Wilson for the starting job.. but that's really only true until it's not if Fields looks better.

Interesting how many will miss that he was drafted to a crap team and they spent 3 seasons to build it to where it is now, just for them to get him out of dodge. Wonder how many people will see the #1 pick on an actual good team and say “this is why they got rid of Fields.” Lol. Crazy. Imagine if they just build the offense around his skillset like they did Hurts and LJ8. He will probably thrive in Pittsburgh since Smith will be building the offense around Russ.

Justin Fields is terrible. The Saints trading for him would make no sense.

He doesn’t even begin to fit what Kubiak wants to do. Trey Lance washed out in SF for a reason.
Saints QB coach Andrew Janocko was Fields’ QB coach the last two years and apparently didn’t think it was worth trading for him.

Fields still can become a top QB in the future. But he wasn’t going to be a fit in Kubiak’s offense. His anticipation and release aren’t consistent enough.

I think this trade is absurd. He had more value than what Chicago received. Atlanta and Baltimore seemed good landing spots. Were I the Bears, I would have kept him and allowed him to compete.

I think this trade is absurd. He had more value than what Chicago received. Atlanta and Baltimore seemed good landing spots. Were I the Bears, I would have kept him and allowed him to compete.
ATL wasn't going to take Fields after picking up Cousins

I figured the Bears had basically zero leverage until day 2 of the draft and wouldn’t move him till then. They very likely didn’t want both Williams and Fields on the team and had to take what they could get.

Saints QB coach Andrew Janocko was Fields’ QB coach the last two years and apparently didn’t think it was worth trading for him.

Fields still can become a top QB in the future. But he wasn’t going to be a fit in Kubiak’s offense. His anticipation and release aren’t consistent enough.

This. We have someone with first hand experience for the last 2 years with Fields. We were never even buying scratch offs for Fields, let alone entering a "sweepstakes". As expected, people on here are going to freak out like they always do.

Fields is a shiny object. The kind of player every fan thinks they can fix. He's a below-average passer with an injury history who makes highlight-reel runs but still ends up with less total production than a mid-tier starting QB.

Jameis had a better resume when he came here than Fields currently does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom