Karen Memes (1 Viewer)

I shouldn't have done this, but there was this one lady who P'Oed me off and then demanded to see the owner (she didn't know it was me) so I told her I would go get him. I walked up to my office and chilled out for about 15 minutes before walking back there and saying in a very nice, pleasant voice "Hi, I'm the owner. I understand you wanted to see me?"
what happened after that?

A white California woman who styled herself on social media as a “mom influencer” has been ordered to spend three months in prison for falsely accusing a Latino couple of attempting to kidnap her children.

State jurors in Sonoma county found 30-year-old Kathleen “Katie” Sorensen guilty in April of knowingly making a false report of a crime in a case that involved her publishing a December 2020 social media post that asserted a man and a woman had tried to steal her two children from her in the parking lot of a Michaels craft store about 40 miles outside San Francisco.

Authorities said both the accused couple and store surveillance video “resoundingly contradicted” the account given to them by Sorensen.

And on Thursday, Judge Laura Passaglia gave a 90-day prison sentence to Sorensen, two months of which could be served through a work release program, according to a statement from the local district attorney’s office……..

A white California woman who styled herself on social media as a “mom influencer” has been ordered to spend three months in prison for falsely accusing a Latino couple of attempting to kidnap her children.

State jurors in Sonoma county found 30-year-old Kathleen “Katie” Sorensen guilty in April of knowingly making a false report of a crime in a case that involved her publishing a December 2020 social media post that asserted a man and a woman had tried to steal her two children from her in the parking lot of a Michaels craft store about 40 miles outside San Francisco.

Authorities said both the accused couple and store surveillance video “resoundingly contradicted” the account given to them by Sorensen.

And on Thursday, Judge Laura Passaglia gave a 90-day prison sentence to Sorensen, two months of which could be served through a work release program, according to a statement from the local district attorney’s office……..

She looks more scary Kat ladie than Karen. And they should do the report with a mugshot Insta one she has used a filter on. They make her crazy eyes look even crazier

“I don’t think she had any understanding of how this would spread and the impact it would cause,” Dresrow said.

Oh, I think she did.

to undergo four hours of implicit bias training
Yeah, that should fix it
“I don’t think she had any understanding of how this would spread and the impact it would cause,” Dresrow said.

Oh, I think she did.
It’s an interesting question, and something my wife and I find ourselves on opposing sides
Our oldest is 15 so entering dating age
My advice is the typical ‘be respectful, you are responsible for all of your actions, no means no, etc’
My wife’s admonition is, ‘beware of white women’
(tbc, she doesn’t mean all caucasian females) - he constant fear (I think irrational, she thinks I’m naive) is something happening in a relationship, the white girl screws up in some way, gets nervous about potential consequences, and uses our son as a scapegoat

To your point about ‘I think she did know’ - I’m not sure it’s an omnipresent thought about the power people of privilege have (more often than not people of privilege are raised to believe they don’t have that power), but in a moment of crisis here’s this very powerful card they find in their hand - how do you resist using it
(Especially as the article points out, the consequences are going to be ridiculously slight)

I call shenanigans. It clearly stated it was for a surprise. If it's a surprise, then how would that daughter know.

But it's still a jerk move regardless.
Because it's staged, like 90 % of internet content, and the person didn't catch the error.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom